New category of robots - Killerweight?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rhys

Post by Rhys »

the US? I whinge when I have to drive to Reading.
Raizor

Post by Raizor »

Simon Windisch wrote:Interesting idea Ian. When's the last time a US robot came over here or vice versa?

Simon
I dont know if thats ment in sarcasm or not but I believe the last time would have been Series 5 of robot wars.

I was just thinking that considering kilobots are tiny in the US and Beatle's are much larger it would be more benificial if both countries allowed the same weight limit if the class ever did take off.
The Irish Guy
Website Hosting:
http://www.dghosting.co.uk
Bigshot team capt

Post by Bigshot team capt »

For me, the spirit of roboteering is inginuity with limited resources, ie the best bodge wins. Kilobots are good, cos the bits are really easy to get hold of for people like me, who hates getting stuff off t'internet (I have to pay mother) and u can easily just bodge it together.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

It wasn't meant to be sarcastic Ian, sorry if I caused any offence.
Raizor

Post by Raizor »

No offence taken, just was not sure.
The Irish Guy
Website Hosting:
http://www.dghosting.co.uk
Travis7s

Post by Travis7s »

There used to be one Kilobot event in the US, but then they switched to the 3 lber beetle class.

The only other Kilobots I know of (and compete lots in!) is in Canada.

http://www.kilobots.com
josh

Post by josh »

hi

i think a 1kg robot category would be great cos im bored sick with waiting for events for my ant but if we had this i could start a new bot with the mountain of to heavy for an ant rc stuff :D
Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

It's just a case of generating interest Josh. To have an event, you need at least 6 robots for it to be a worthwhile competition (AWS1 had 6 iirc) and it's a case of laying down the rules for it...
Team 'In Theory'
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

ok guys its suprisingly obveous why other weight classes that have been thought off, havnt taken off. Its because theres no real event for it.
The AWS is our main event. You cant just say to people bring ur best aws for the biggest ant compertition in europe and say.....oh and btw bring down ur other weight classes.
Every time i have the option hmm should i build a 3rd ant or one of these obscure weight classes that so and so has.....ANT!

The solution is a seperate compertion entirely. It means that people actualy get time to prepair and build for it, and compete. Should be a no ant weight type event.

But maybe this should of been done a while back. Ant weights are a lil quiter now. I mean i admit i havnt been as involved recently, but i still know my stuff ;)
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->