Antweight ESCs

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Anty-social

Antweight ESCs

Post by Anty-social »

I have recently been designing a new 2WD antweight flipper, mostly salvaging parts from my broken old one. However, since it's the ESC that died, I'll have to buy a new ESC for my new one. Since the NanoTwo isn't being sold at the moment, what are the best antweight ESCs available? The most promising I have seen so far is the one on the Bristol Bot Builders website, but that doesn't have braking. I would prefer an ESC with braking and not too much necessary soldering, and which is as small as possible. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Team RobotMad

Re: Antweight ESCs

Post by Team RobotMad »

hi
i have been making such a ESC to hopefully fill the gap in the market left behind by the nano two. but it is not done yet but hopefull will be avlable soon. https://robotmad.squarespace.com/nanoesc
Lincoln Barnes
Maker of "SmartAnts", and other autonomous projects.
Electronic enginering student at Nottingham Trent University.
PM to order the RM NanoESC
MarkR

Re: Antweight ESCs

Post by MarkR »

My ESC with built-in receiver, Malenki-Nano, is available on the BBB web site and has braking built in.

But that *only* works if you use a AFHDS2A compatible transmitter, e.g. Turnigy i6. If you want to use some other transmitter, look elsewhere.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands