Can someone walk me through transmitter setup?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Tufty

Re: Can someone walk me through transmitter setup?

Post by Tufty »

I'm having an issue just getting my TGY-i6 to bind. I've got it plugged in as per guides, but the Tx just keeps saying binding, without actually doing so. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Managed to get it bound, but for some reason forwards is up and left, backwards is down and right, and the other two corners spin. I assumed up/down/left/right would more or less do what would be expected of them, so I've presumably made a mistake somewhere.
Current active ants: Scrooge McDerp | Ply-By-Wire (likely not to see competition) | Grinding Nemo | When Unicorns Go Rogue
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

The very tiny receivers don't have telemetry so the binding process doesn't end - the transmitter just stays in bind mode until switched off; this is normal and when you power on it should work.

If you have to move the stick diagonally to go straight, then mixing isn't configured - follow one of the guides that's available here (hint: use elevon)
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Thanks, I'll have another look - didn't seem to make a difference before but the guide I found (different to what's posted here) was... unhelpful, to put it politely.
Current active ants: Scrooge McDerp | Ply-By-Wire (likely not to see competition) | Grinding Nemo | When Unicorns Go Rogue