Parts trade

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Kyro

Parts trade

Post by Kyro »

hey, i thought why we are all on lockdown many of us may be using this time to build/rebuild bots...

however, with the current situation, getting parts in may be tricky...

so i figured why not see if people would trade parts here...

something like i have these parts but i am in need of those parts... then someone with those parts who may need these parts can work out a deal and each can post parts to eachother...

i understand there is an air of trust regarding trading... i was a member of the slingshot forum for a few years and we had a global slingshot trade where we would build a custom slingshot and send it off to our trade partner... we had maybe 1 or 2 people who were just in it to get a free slingshot and planned on sending nothing in return out of 50+ people participating.

this was international though... i personally sent and received slingshots from the usa, phillipenes, germany, spain ect...

just a thought... but if it will help a few of us not only get that robot finally finished, but also keep us entertained while we are all grounded, then why not...

happy trading :)
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
James Williams

Re: Parts trade

Post by James Williams »

Seems like an interesting idea. I don't think people not sending what they promised will be an issue since that person wouldn't be able to attend an event again without getting collared.

I'll get the ball rolling by saying I have a few 500rpm N20's going spare. I don't need anything specific atm but I'm always interested in picking up unused chassis, particularly 3D printed ones. Would be willing to offer 2 motors per chassis.
MichaelG92

Post by MichaelG92 »

I like this idea, and I second what James says about collaring people at events if they don't send what they promised.

I have to offer:

Want to get rid

1 x Das-Mikro ESC - I appreciate these are not popular but hopefully someone will want it.
2 x 180mah Lipos with 2mm JST-PH connector, as mentioned here http://www.robotwars101.org/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=2926 - These won't charge on my Accucell charger and I don't have the tools to change the connector on here, so would appreciate any similiar batteries with the regular JST-XH connector (pitch 2.5mm) in exchange.
1 x (once used) TowerPro MG90S servo - used once in a Bristol Bot Builders bodgebots competition, undamaged.

Prepared to exchange

a couple of Redcon Rx's
a Lemon Rx
A Bi-directional Esc

As for what I'd take in return, tbh I have most things apart from 180mah Lipos, as previously mentioned, and 3d printed chassis. I plan to print some off, but I'd be interested to see what there is on offer. Or some wheels actually, any size.

PM if interested, I won't necessarily be able to look straight away but I will check every evening. I will get back to you eventually!
Michael - Team MG Robotics

Fledgling Surrey based roboteering team

Antweights:

MicroNewton - flipper
ArmamAnt! - pusher
GFB - flipper (under construction)
Fight or Flight - flipper (under construction)
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

I would be happy to trade, but I don't think we're allowed to send Lipos through the post.

Royal mail have a restriction on Lipo batteries in particular. We can send them by some other method, but it can get expensive quickly.

---

I wouldn't want my postie to be safe from CV, only to get ignited by a lipo fire.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
MichaelG92

Post by MichaelG92 »

That's a fair point Mark.

How about, we just exchange them at the next event...whenever that is? I have plenty of batteries to test with in the meantime.
Michael - Team MG Robotics

Fledgling Surrey based roboteering team

Antweights:

MicroNewton - flipper
ArmamAnt! - pusher
GFB - flipper (under construction)
Fight or Flight - flipper (under construction)
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

MichaelG92 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:14 pm
I have a couple of sizes of wheels now. Can cast more up quite fast. If you like the style on my project log bots page, just let me know :) And setting up for printing some nylon bot frames at the moment.

Need:
7a Turnigy Brushless ESCs so i can finish the current disk bot. x 2
One of @MarkR 's WIP brushed ESCs with RX :P
30A Turnigy Brushless ESC x2
21A Turnigy Brushless ESC x 2

Can provide:
Body components made with:
3D printing
Laser cutting
Lathing
CNC Milling

To you spec. Although the lathe is a manual lathe so parts on that are "To your spec" :lol:

Wheels. Lots of wheels.

Some N10 and N20 motors.
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight), Kinetic Disassembly (WIP Antweight)
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

EddieJ wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:14 pm One of @MarkR 's WIP brushed ESCs with RX :P
There is only one in existence, its right channel can't reverse and the firmware isn't 100% working... :)

They will be ready when they're ready.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

MarkR wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:52 pm
In which case, very looking forward to when they are ready! ;)
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight), Kinetic Disassembly (WIP Antweight)
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

what size wheels have you made? i am after some 32mm ones like the pololu ones but with a flat tread instead of the rounded tread...

but... i would need about 40 of them...

:?
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)