Flipper weapon switch mod for DX6i

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

MySolderIsOlder

Flipper weapon switch mod for DX6i

Post by MySolderIsOlder »

Has anyone actually tried modding their DX6i to add an instantaneous flipper switch on the Throttle channel? If so - how straightforward is it?

Is it simply a case of wiring a push-to-make switch between the centre connection of the throttle pot and whichever end of the pot corresponds to lowest resistance with the stick in the maximum position? Or is there more to it?

Tempted to try - but loathe to wreck a Tx the week before an event! :oops:
Stuart (Tony's dad)
peterwaller

Re: Flipper weapon switch mod for DX6i

Post by peterwaller »

As long as our flipper is set so throttle stick forward is down and back is flip you can use the throttle cut button.
Go down the menu to setup list then down the setup list to throttle cut and set position to act it should work.
It is not the best positioned button so I have on one of mine replaced the gear switch with a biased off two position toggle switch which is wired across the throttle cut button.
Danieljr1

Post by Danieljr1 »

I did this and it was easy, although i remember a couple of the wires being quite tight after moving things around. To do it, I removed the wires from the throttle cut button and soldered them to a button, removed the old throttle cut button then moved the Gear/F mode switch into the throttle cut hole. I then hot glued the new push button in place. Had to use quite a lot but its still in place.

You could also try this...
https://battlearmorrc.weebly.com/wiring ... 6i-tx.html
MySolderIsOlder

Brilliant! Thanks Daniel - that link is exactly what I was looking for. Will have a crack at this over the weekend and report back.

Definitely gonna have to finish my flipper before AWS61 now.
Stuart (Tony's dad)
MySolderIsOlder

Well that was easy.

Followed the instructions on the site Daniel linked to. Particularly liked the idea of using header pins to push in alongside the JST inside the crimp housing, so no soldering onto the Tx itself is required.
Because I was in a hurry, for now I simply unscrewed one of the switches I never use (and taped it up inside the case) and used that hole. Will have a proper think about optimum placement when time allows. Might have to design a flip-up trigger cover, otherwise I can guarantee I will get overexcited and fire it while using a spinner...
Meanwhile - works a treat and gives a much more aggressive flip (too aggressive in fact - stripped off the splines inside my 3d-printed servo arm. Back to the drawing board on that bit!)

Stuart (Tony's dad)