Rules Question: Multiple Clusters on a team?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

MySolderIsOlder

Rules Question: Multiple Clusters on a team?

Post by MySolderIsOlder »

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before but nothing;s showing up in the Search and I just wanted clarification before finalising plans for AWS61...

Rules say...
"5k) A team may enter a maximum of four robots of which three may be Rollers and one Non-Roller or Cluster (Where robot numbers require limiting it is recommended that the number of Rollers a team may enter is reduced first over Non-Rollers or Clusters)."

Does that mean a team can only have one cluster? We already have one cluster on Anthony's team (Maxi & Molly - assuming I can repair Molly after the mauling RBMK gave her at AWS60) and my second attempt at a cluster ("The Spin Twins" - 2 fleaweight spinners) is almost ready. Was going to put that on my team - but that would mean getting yet another Tx, on top of the three I already have to carry... Simple answer is to put both clusters on one team and that team gets the spare Tx. But that only works if a team can have two clusters!
Stuart (Tony's dad)
GeorgeR

Re: Rules Question: Multiple Clusters on a team?

Post by GeorgeR »

You can definitely enter multiple clusters on one team, it's the 4th spot that is limited to a cluster or walker, the first three spots are open and can be anything.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
MySolderIsOlder

Excellent! Thanks for confirming George.
Stuart (Tony's dad)
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

I swear there was talk a while ago about 2 guys who were each gonna enter 4-clusters as their team, and the 8 clusters between the 2 of them were gonna consist of 16 identical spinners.

Am I misremembering? At the very least I don't remember ever seeing it.
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
James Williams

Post by James Williams »

LimaHotel wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:36 pm I swear there was talk a while ago about 2 guys who were each gonna enter 4-clusters as their team, and the 8 clusters between the 2 of them were gonna consist of 16 identical spinners.
That was Andy Hibberd & Ellis Ware from Rapid & Magnetar. They were going to enter them at AWS57 so they could practice for their KoB entry, but they never bothered in the end as they were too fragile. Andy had them at AWS60 to show off.
MySolderIsOlder

Respect! Would have been tough keeping them all working through an event, though at least you can standardise on spares.
Sadly, The Spin Twins aren't identical cos one's a horizontal spinner and the other's a vert, though it's only the weapon arm that differs.
Stuart (Tony's dad)