Shipping from China held up?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

minionhunter

Shipping from China held up?

Post by minionhunter »

Is anyone else noticing shipments held up by the coronavirus yet?

I got an email today saying that my esc which I ordered two weeks ago and got tracking number for 5 days ago was going to be delayed by 10-15 days.

I'm wondering if this might become more widespread and more problematic for ordering...
Shakey

Re: Shipping from China held up?

Post by Shakey »

Yes as Chinese new year was extended and a lot of work places are shut due to the virus. Shipping is both delayed and has a huge backlog. Patience is key when ordering from there.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

Latest news is non medical companies are to remain shut until 20th Feb.

If you mandarin is good ;)
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight), Kinetic Disassembly (WIP Antweight)
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

That's good.

I'm still freaked out by this which I got in an ebay PM for my cheap 1.8AX2 esc's

"Hi,

Sorry to bother you.

We are sorry to let you know that we could only send out the item to you in 10-15 business days later.There are something unexpected happened.Because of it is under the control of serious corona virus at the moment.Is it ok for you?If you can't wait so long,how about we cancel the order and refund you?

If any questions please feel free to contact us again. We will get back to you at our earliest convenience. Thanks."

That is why I posted the topic. I replied that I would be fine waiting for this and hoped he would be OK.
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

minionhunter wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:20 pm That's good.

I'm still freaked out by this which I got in an ebay PM for my cheap 1.8AX2 esc's

"Hi,

Sorry to bother you.

We are sorry to let you know that we could only send out the item to you in 10-15 business days later.There are something unexpected happened.Because of it is under the control of serious corona virus at the moment.Is it ok for you?If you can't wait so long,how about we cancel the order and refund you?

If any questions please feel free to contact us again. We will get back to you at our earliest convenience. Thanks."

That is why I posted the topic. I replied that I would be fine waiting for this and hoped he would be OK.
At the same time (Jan 28) I ordered 5 that were from the seller above and got shipping data and a tracking number about 6 days ago I ordered 6 of the 5A ESC from a different seller and got tracking about 11 days ago. Both sellers now say they are away and if I place an order now it might be delayed. It's weird that when I got the message from the guy selling the 1.8AX2 esc that it was shipped already and I had the tracking number for 5 days! Then he told me it would be delayed another 10-15 days.

If this virus thing is worse than what's being said, (I'm praying that I'm just a nutter thinking that) it won't just be robot development that's disrupted, it will be everything that's dependent on China for supplies.

Thank you to everyone who posted about the new year being extended. I had no idea that China could do that!