Unorthodox bot question

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

minionhunter

Unorthodox bot question

Post by minionhunter »

Hi

What kind of servo does unorthodox run? I think Kyro said it was 8kg.cm/0.045s and weighed about 70g. Is 8kg force at that speed enough to throw a 50g bot (one of wedge wedge wedge) all the way across the arena or is it more? Is that the servo that bot uses?

I haven't worked out the physics formula yet but that's my next step.
Team RobotMad

Re: Unorthodox bot question

Post by Team RobotMad »

Hi
i'm Lincoln of team RobotMad, maker of UnorthodoX
if you look on in the ants section of the forum theres a thread called SmartAnts and Fleas, somewhere on that the build iof UnorthodoX is explained.
the Servo is the Savox SB-2272MG, nearly 8 Kg/cm and 0.035 second per 60 degrees rotation mass of 70g. This amount of power is very overkill.

Basicaly the 8Kg/cm means at 0cm from the pivot the stall force is 8Kg, at 10 cm from the pivot it's 800g. so a 50g bot is absoultly nothing to this servo.
hope that answers your questions
Lincoln Barnes
Maker of "SmartAnts", and other autonomous projects.
Electronic enginering student at Nottingham Trent University.
PM to order the RM NanoESC
minionhunter

Re: Unorthodox bot question

Post by minionhunter »

Team RobotMad wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:19 pm Hi
i'm Lincoln of team RobotMad, maker of UnorthodoX
if you look on in the ants section of the forum theres a thread called SmartAnts and Fleas, somewhere on that the build iof UnorthodoX is explained.
the Servo is the Savox SB-2272MG, nearly 8 Kg/cm and 0.035 second per 60 degrees rotation mass of 70g. This amount of power is very overkill.

Basicaly the 8Kg/cm means at 0cm from the pivot the stall force is 8Kg, at 10 cm from the pivot it's 800g. so a 50g bot is absoultly nothing to this servo.
hope that answers your questions
Thank you!!! That's awesome! I really appreciate it.

I'll look for your thread and read it all. This is a really well done bot. It looks amazing and the performance is outstanding! I love it. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions! I and my kids loved watching it in the arena!