Ant weight arena

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Pugster2002

Ant weight arena

Post by Pugster2002 »

I want to make a ant weight arena to battle my ants in so what should I make it out of how big would it be and what hazards should I put in it :D :D
Pugster is 9 years old and is autistic,he can be blunt and sometimes seems rude,but he's just to the point!!!please try to be clear when talking to him.his obsession is robot wars and pugs!!thanks guys(pugsters mum!!)
Pugster2002

Re: Ant weight arena

Post by Pugster2002 »

Please repley someone :D
Pugster is 9 years old and is autistic,he can be blunt and sometimes seems rude,but he's just to the point!!!please try to be clear when talking to him.his obsession is robot wars and pugs!!thanks guys(pugsters mum!!)
haz

Post by haz »

about 500 by 500
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

My arena is 900mm x 910mm (it was a board I got from somewhere else :P ), its just about AWS legal.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

If you want to build an arena to the AWS rules, consult the rules here.
However, if it's just an arena to practice in and protect your mum's floor/table then you can make it any convenient size with any hazards you like!

Wood is the cheapest and easiest material to use. Anything fairly smooth will be OK, hardboard, chipboard or MDF.

If you want to have a drop-off and a pit don't forget to have some wood forming the bottom of the pit - having robots fall onto the floor/table is a sure way to upset mum! :oops:

Finally, if you are planning on running any spinning weapons, you *must* build a battle-box to protect you fro any flying debris!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Pugster2002

Post by Pugster2002 »

How do you make a arena flipper :o
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

I'd build it like an antweight flipper but with a much bigger servo. A servo tester with a push button attached in the right place would allow you to fire it without using a transmitter.
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

I want to build an ant arena eventually but at the moment i'm concentrating on constructing my new ant.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)