My first robot

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

MichaelGoode

My first robot

Post by MichaelGoode »

Hi there, I have not been on for a while, ive been busy. Any way i'd like to start my robot now so, im needing assistance.
The tx/rx i will be buying is
Transmitter/Receiver......?25.48
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/gianitcod-24g ... 03779.html
My design is a four wheel drive, 4 servo design, with tank steering, i need assistence with what else is needed and links to buy them, i mean like he battery.

Servo.....?8.44 for 2
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/towerpro-mg90 ... 03863.html

Michael
Last edited by MichaelGoode on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
haz

Post by haz »

DO NOT USE THISE SERVOS FOR DRIVE!!!!!!!

they are metalgear so the output gear dosent go all the way round i know i tried to do that once

tx will be fine i know peplle have said that they come to life at night and try to kill you(or whatever i wasent listening that much :D ) but i use one and its fine

batery u can get off ebay type in 4.8v nimh pick the 13g one i use it in my ?35 ant and its fine

for 4wd you will need "Y" leads and to modify servos at the same time.
BTW i was going to do a servo 4wd but it looked too coplicated so im doing gear motors (wach out for ANTipersperANT) but good luck and if theres anything i can do to help email me (whould have included links but im on an italian computer and it dosent like it. y lead you can get from giant cod)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Are you sure about that as I have used them. There is a partial cutout in the final gear but there is still 2mm thickness of gear that does go all the way round on my MG90S servo's which is more than enough on a metal gear.
haz

Post by haz »

realy, cool i will have to look in to those then. i may have bin confusing them with hitec ones
MichaelGoode

Post by MichaelGoode »

I dont know about them, as this is my first time, if anyone can find me a good one around the same price
Michael
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

They are good servos, pretty easy to modify as the rotation limiter can be pulled off with a pair of pliers. I used them in my first ant which was better than my second gear motor driven ant.
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
MichaelGoode

Post by MichaelGoode »

Michael
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If you want to do 4 wheel drive using 4 servo's you need to join the two servo's on each side together to the same receiver output. This is done with a sevo Y lead such as:
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/ylead-10cm-32 ... 05180.html
The single end plugs into the receiver and the two servo's plug into the other ends.
haz

Post by haz »

hallo jordan u still got stack error then, the servos i use in my ?35 ant and most of my othes are towerpro sg90 cheep and chearful at ?2.20 each as fast as supertec park flyers but not that much torque as them but at 9g they may strip, out of the 15 servos i have i stripped the gears on 2 (my own fault, forcing the horn round more than it was ment to :-? )
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

They've both fallen apart and I can't really do much until I get back to school and can use their vastly superior tools.

Unfortunately I don't have a 3 axis mill at my house.
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?