crystals

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

haz

crystals

Post by haz »

what crystals would definatly work with this http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/sh ... p?id=19142 thankyou
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

I'd assume that any 40 MHZ crystal from hitec would work.

http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/sh ... sp?id=1323

Or you could stick with 2.4 GHz and not bother with having to deal with crystals :D Just buy more recievers and bind them to the transmitter.
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
haz

Post by haz »

well, my friend is starting in antweights (basicly using my spares) and wants me to help him and gets moany when i say that i cant fight the robots i build cos there on the same tx so thats why im using a 40mhz cos its cheap for him, long live my robots deodorANT 2 and antipersperANT :D :D :D
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

Although the giant cod transmitter costs a bit more, it's worth the extra money for another channel and genrally less problems with interference etc.
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
haz

Post by haz »

mine eats bateries tho :o
terminaldamage

Post by terminaldamage »

I noticed the Giant Cod transmitter seemed a bit battery-hungry but wasn't sure if it was just me. I remember people modifying the DX6 when it first came out so it would last longer on a single charge as it used to gobble up power too. Not sure if something similar can be done with the Giant Cod one.
Put some rechargeable batteries in your transmitter, get a Futaba-type tx/rx battery charger and use the charge socket on the side to charge the batteries when they get flat.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RIPMAX-FUTABA-TRA ... _500wt_721

Costs a few pounds but the savings will kick in when you don't have to keep buying new AA batteries
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I just measured my Giant Cod transmitter and it only takes about 100ma.
With some of the newer AA Duracells giving up to 2500mah that should be about 25 hours on a set of batteries. Even rechargeables should give in excess of 15 hours between charges.
haz

Post by haz »

mines propably the weird one then :D
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

I bought my DX6i about 1,5 year ago and it's still on its first charge (2700mAh). But now it is getting pretty low though.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
terminaldamage

Post by terminaldamage »

Just realised that the battery pack in mine is a spare I got when I had my Skysport 6 returned from repair. That was back in 2006, and it's been charged a grand total of two/three times since then, so it probably just needs a good cycle :)
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.