Wiring A controller

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

It's probably a bit late for this but you could buy a controller in the other mode which puts the throttle on the other stick.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That won't help as you then have the same problem with the right stick.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hello Jordan.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Not sure how Simon worked out that daliad100 was Jordan that we met at the Aylesbury event on Sunday other than by his location but welcome to the forum. Re-reading my reply it sounds a little terse and that was not intended so I apologise if it came over that way. I am not sure if I mentioned to you the Reading Robot Club event in two weeks time as that is a good event for beginners as it more relaxed and less pressured than a full AWS
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

Meh, I should have read the rest of the thread.

If I can find a better route to reading than via London I will be turning up with (hopefully) an improved robot.
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Joey's been having the same problem with the trains, hes been trying to go to birmingham new street and go from there to reading (passing through Oxford, but its not working, and all the trains from Oxford) to reading seem to be changing at Didcot, which is also odd because there are usually straight trains between Oxford and reading.

Sorry about that, I used to travel on trains a lot and its very peculier.

Welcome to the forum Jordan, kinda odd welcoming someone to the forum who we've met in person already :), I'm looking forward to the new Stack Error
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

If you check the National Rail website you can use the advanced search to exclude routes via London which should help.

Personally I've managed to find a reasonable route involving changing in Bristol (almost 5 hours on the way back so I'll have to pack my DS charger :P) but the website won't let me purchase tickets for some reason, I'll try ordering over the phone and see how that works out. It's just an awful lot of bother to get to a one day event and further fuels my desire to move south at the earliest opportunity, heh.

Welcome to the forum btw Jordan :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
MichaelGoode

Post by MichaelGoode »

Yep I might not bother with this, depends how I am at controlling it :P.
Michael
daliad100

Post by daliad100 »

A mixer on one stick control if you have a bit of weight left or even using one stick diagonally can work.

Will have a look at the national rail site, I've always used the trainline for rail tickets.
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
MichaelGoode

Post by MichaelGoode »

Will be buying the tx and rx first, I am going to try to wire it up to the servos first before going into making it, just so I can test it
Michael