3D printers

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

MarkR

Re: 3D printers

Post by MarkR »

I tried carbon PLA for a few parts. It's very similar to standard PLA but a bit more rigid, and printed on the standard settings with good quality.

Apparently filaments with carbon fibres in have abrasive effect on the nozzle, but you can still use normal brass ones, just they last less time. Our 3d printer guru (at Reading Hackspace) has setup our printers with ruby nozzles for better durability. Of course in the hackspace the 3d printers get heavily used and often with abrasive materials.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Thanks, good to know. Will look into various nozzles for the printer.
Debuting at AWS61 (hopefully): Teething Problems / Kitten's Torment / The Beatle... Waits (Fleaweight, Antweight clusterbot)
Tufty

Post by Tufty »

New printer (Ender 3) issue has come up recently, and I can't find anything online to fix it. Even going direct to Creality just got me the response that I should replace what got wrecked myself and try resetting the axis offsets manually.

However, it's not fixing the problems I'm having. The printer has taken to ignoring roughly 50% of the layers in anything I've asked it to print, basically wasting a ton of plastic and electricity. My options are now either a miracle (this is where you guys come in!) or, failing that, a new printer.

If the latter, my options seem to be:

Delta 3D https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08JLSTS91/ ... ws_uk_1-21

Tronxy X5SA https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PPFVT64/ ... ws_uk_1-21
Debuting at AWS61 (hopefully): Teething Problems / Kitten's Torment / The Beatle... Waits (Fleaweight, Antweight clusterbot)
Team RobotMad

Post by Team RobotMad »

i have a ender 3 V2 and have played with the softwear and slicer setttings so i might be able to help. i also recomend the facebook pages on 3d printing, some are dedicated to solving problems.
Lincoln Barnes
Maker of "SmartAnts", and other autonomous projects.
Electronic enginering student at Nottingham Trent University.
PM to order the RM NanoESC
Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Thanks, I'll drop you a PM.
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Yes Carbon/PLA should be the same but it is abrasive and will wear the nozzle faster than normal PLA. I haven't tried it myself just using PLA for now, but I do use the Hackspace printers sometimes they have ruby nozzles which are wear resistant.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands