Cluster Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I had a mad idea a while ago about a 3-way cluster bot being entered into 3 competitions:

Each section weighs 75g, so 1 section can enter fleaweights, 2 sections make a AW cluster, and all 3 make a super-ant cluster, however, this would mean I need a pair of extra drivers, is this permissive or not ?
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

That is a good idea. I find myself wanting to steal it :P
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Me too! lol
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I still haven't gotton an answer as to whether I'm allowed to have a cluster like that as it requires 3 drivers
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

As you can have 3 members per team it would be possible. If your other drivers have theei own robots the parts of the cluster would take up a space on their team as well.
TEAM GEEK!
Remote-Controlled Dave

You are allowed yes, although it gets a little complicated!
The fleaweights would obviously just be individual in the fleaweight catagory. When it came to 2 teaming up for the antweights, it would count as an entry for each driver, but not the third (as they wouldn't be driving theirs), who would still be allowed another four ants. The 2 driving the cluster would be allowed another three. When you fought in the superants, each member would have one 'slot' of their team taken, and so would be able to enter a further 3 supers each (though no one ever really enters a full team of supers).
Hope that clears it up!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I had to read through it a few times but I get it :). So if I build 'Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy', who'd wanna drive it with me ?
Remote-Controlled Dave

I would but couldn't as an antweight cluster, as I've got them coming out of my ears. lol. In superants I could though.
By the way, as all three sections would fight seperate in the fleaweight section, there's nothing to stop you driving all of them (except maybe a lack of opponents :D ). It's only when they team up you'd need extra drivers
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

If I put them all in the fleaweight competition it would not be fair on others. Besides, the way I figured it, I can have 2x 75g sections and 1 100g section so I would be able to have 2 fleas not three.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

250g is the maximum limit, doesn't mean you have to build to it. You could just as easy build 3 x 75g fleas.
Last edited by Rhys on Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.