Ellis's (Team BANANAPHONE/A12) build log!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Tufty

Re: Ellis's (Team BANANAPHONE/A12) build log!

Post by Tufty »

Good luck with the exams!
Current active ants: Scrooge McDerp | Ply-By-Wire (likely not to see competition) | Grinding Nemo | When Unicorns Go Rogue
MichaelG92

Post by MichaelG92 »

Yeah, best of luck! The long summer break will be worth the hard work I promise!
Michael - Team MG Robotics

Fledgling Surrey based roboteering team

Antweights:

MicroNewton - flipper
ArmamAnt! - pusher
GFB - flipper (under construction)
Fight or Flight - flipper (under construction)
retropunk

Post by retropunk »

so... given recent events, i might be back doing robots much sooner than i expected, which is... nice.
team A12 / BANANAPHONE

Solderburn v2 (1-5)
retropunk

Post by retropunk »

hey, long time no see!

hopefully i'm going to go to botfest 4 in september on the condition that i get solderburn v2.1 running again properly before i start sixth form!
team A12 / BANANAPHONE

Solderburn v2 (1-5)
retropunk

Post by retropunk »

i don’t know if anyone still uses these forums, but my devo’s having Problems again.

basically, forwards is where right turn is supposed to be on the right stick - like the whole thing’s been rotated 90 degrees and i’d really rather get it back to normal than relearn how to drive.

i’ve tried swapping ele and ail in the src window in mixers, but that hasn’t done anything. reversing the scale also seems to have not helped. anyone know how to sort this out?
team A12 / BANANAPHONE

Solderburn v2 (1-5)
James Williams

Post by James Williams »

Hi Ellis

It sounds like one of your drive motors could be soldered in backwards (I'm guessing the left one if forward on the stick is making you turn left). You can fix it by pushing forward on the stick, seeing which wheel spins the wrong way & swapping the motor round. If this fixes the forwards & backwards but left & right are still backwards then reversing Ail should solve it.

Admittedly there may be some way to fix this on the Devo but you'll have to ask someone smarter than me I'm afraid. If you haven't yet you could try switching to an unused model to see how that effects it.
retropunk

Post by retropunk »

ok, thanks! i was hoping swapping motors would be my last resort since i previously swapped the wires on the right motor and nothing, but i'll try again i guess :P
team A12 / BANANAPHONE

Solderburn v2 (1-5)