All things antweight
This is my build diary. After AWS 55 I bothered to make an account. My robot HDWB won 2 fights and lost 2. The first fight against Valkyrie was one just with only a scuffered flipper and a ripped front. I was very surprised to have won. the next fight against the Poptart was a fight where I picked up and carries around two converted toys. Quite impressive how they had been converted. small controversy as I drove off the side before the cluster was counted out, but I was given the win.
After a long break I fought Chaotica, a similar robot to DHMIS and almost won. I drove off the side. Small superficial damage to the flipper with two nice 2 mm gouges in the side. In the redemption I fought Valkyrie again with small damage again. I ended being flipped on my side and counted out. so overall not bad damage and a nice first event. Then I got bored and entered the rumble, when I was positioned perfectly to take out a plastic spinner, where it got tipped on it's side. Then I drove off the side where I was out. Unfortunately, later a spinner got pushed onto me on full power, and the glue holding it together failed. this ended with one half draped off the side by a servo wire holding it together. So next time I need smaller lipos, stronger glue and a arm the whole length so I can self-right. The slots worked well and I am very impressed with HDPE. I am currently working on a spinner and my sunday was spent designing a 30g bar that should run at around 25,000 RPM. My granddad is interested in using a coged drive to get 4 wheel drive.
Never a minute when I'm not. I think a 4 wheel drive, cog driven with a30g horizontal spinner on a afro 12 and a quantum be1806 motor. I will also re-design HDWB. I have found smaller batteries, and will extend the flipper the whole length, as well as 4wd, a better flipper and the wheels at the back. some weight loss is needed. 3mm for frame, and a carbon dase for the spinner. The bar was designed to rip that spinner to pieces as it ripped mine to pieces as the glue was too weak.
Last edited by Matt on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The chassis is currently on the table, having glued together with a better glue gun. From the event, I have learnt lots. I now have come organisers, and realised that I should make spare flippers for the next competition, though bodging sounds quite fun, especiall when it works. luckily all my damage was superficial. HDPE stood up very well.