Eddie J - DisinfectANT, Kinnettic Disassembly, Cilit BANG

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

EddieJ

Re: Eddie J - DisinfectANT , Cilit BANG, Flash POWERspray

Post by EddieJ »

MarkR wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:42 pm So you overmoulded the tyre on the wheel? Nice.
Looks good with the "wrap around gearbox" style too. Nice helical tread pattern.
:D The dream is that spinners will just bounce off the rubbery tyres :? :lol: .. i can dream..

Still need to lose 5g of weight on the bot. I had to reduce the drisk in width. So now it is 47g :( Cut a load of holes in it so now it is mega fragile again... so much for building a competitive bot. Another glass cannon lol.

Sunday afternoon and the pile of bot parts grows slowly. Although everything seemed to go wrong today. - each one of the parts has an off-center hole. Will redo them next week and keep these as spares. At least i have the cnc program set up perfectly now, so it will be quicker to make more.

Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight), Kinetic Disassembly (WIP Antweight)
Shakey

Re: Eddie J - DisinfectANT , Cilit BANG, Kinnettic Disassembly

Post by Shakey »

It's always a fun day when the machines seem unhappy!

I'm looking forward to seeing it together though, and those wheels look great. :D
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

Redid all those parts :lol: :roll: and sorted side frames and rods. It's going together. The part pile grows.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8WufdiH7gd ... hare_sheet
[Sound off if you dont like dark techno..]

And yes that belt is practically the circumference of the weapon :? ... i never liked bots which could turn left and right anyway... :lol:
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight), Kinetic Disassembly (WIP Antweight)
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

Drive |Motor mount 1 done. Will run off a couple more now i have tweaked settings to get a better finish. Was about 0.2mm off when flipping the part, which is annoying but still works fine.
Should keep my N10s nice and safe

https://www.instagram.com/p/B86qWwAHY4j ... hare_sheet

Just a few more parts to make, then I can flail around trying to wire this thing up.

I couldnt cut the stainless steel rings on the mill, so had to send those away. Really need to sort our my mill enclosure and coolant system, then I can carve through steels too :D
The disk is a little nuts, 90mm effective diameter. No way will this bot turn corners. I'm going to have to program the drive so that when it turns, the weapon is powered down to 30% or something. Might help .. maybe.. :?
Bots:
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

Today's top news ... NEEDLE BEARINGS! F**k you needle bearings!! What sort of bearing has this kind of slop?! Totally crazy, what a stupid design. Cant have that kind of wobble, or this thing is going to tear itself apart! :x In conclusion, needle bearings = waste of time!
Now i have to redesign the weapon axle to work with ball bearings and some brass spacers.

But I did get the sandblaster working well at last, really nice frosted white effect on polycarbonate parts. I think i will be frosting some polycarb bits for aesthetics and maybe some aluminium parts need a sandblasted finished too #styleoversubstance
Here is the test part

Getting there
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9eRnZ7HnlM/
Last edited by EddieJ on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bots:
CARBIDE2.0

Post by CARBIDE2.0 »

That slop is crazy 😲 loving the size of the weapon tho
T_Y

Post by T_Y »

scary blade is scary.

I'm loving seeing this come together!
Thomas - Approximation Robotics AKA "the one that does the mechanums"

Ants:
PLA-ST Is a Perfectly Legitimate Choice of Material
Percussive Maintenance 4: A New Spinner
Stack Overflow

Beetles:
Déjà Vu/Two
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

CARBIDE2.0 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:45 pm That slop is crazy 😲 loving the size of the weapon tho
Should be good if it gets a chance to hit anything :D
Fixed the slop now by switching to two regular deep groove bearings.
T_Y wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:13 pm scary blade is scary.
I'm loving seeing this come together!
Thanks TY :D It's finished now aside from waiting for some 7A brushless ESCs to arrive from Hobbyking.... thought I had them already... but nope.
Have some side armour to stick on to kind of protect the juicy bits .. 1mm polycarb is all I have weight for xD

So cant do anything to finish it up until those ESCs arrive in a few weeks ... backorder... >.>

In the mean time, finished the beetleweight design :D This time I added space for wires! Always good. :lol:

It's a "wedge with a surprise" , calling it Launchpad for now. May think of something better later.

The idea is to be a wedge-tank with stainless steel shallow angle armour. At the top of the ramp is a steel one-tooth drum - 350g running on two crazy inrunner motors. The angle of impact is pretty much straight upwards, so it should be fun :D
Bots:
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

If that (huge vert) gets into a competition, I think it will pick up "best engineered" very, very easily!

:)
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
Tufty

Post by Tufty »

MarkR wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:44 pm If that (huge vert) gets into a competition, I think it will pick up "best engineered" very, very easily!

:)
It'll pick up most of its opponents too!
Current active ants: Scrooge McDerp | Ply-By-Wire (likely not to see competition) | Grinding Nemo | When Unicorns Go Rogue