Team BLEEP build diary

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

voorsk

Re: Team BLEEP build diary

Post by voorsk »

*redacts rant about wife*
So, I'm not going to BotFest 3, after all, which means no more roboteering for the rest of the year. :( I'm still gonna finish the bots, though. It'll save time for the next one, whenever that will be.

Curious Custard (the thwackbot) might be a bit of a dead end in it's current form. With armour, it's just too close to the floor, and the 100:1 motors make it drivable, but weak. It needs a rethink, I think. Big wheels would solve ground clearance, but it'd still hit like a slice of ham. I need to get more creative! :D

Sprouting Potato now has a servo wired in, but a couple of the motors are cutting out. All the fiddling seems to have broken the wiring, somewhere, which isn't too surprising.

Fermented Melon is looking good! It's using an untested 3-way ESC, it's a better wedge shape (it fits in the cube!!), and the weapon motor is now inside the shell. Not much room for batteries in there, but a 2s does just about fit. I just need to do the side panels and work out a good shape for the weapon arm. It's really tempting to use a Stanley blade again, even tho it almost lost me a couple of battles by getting stuck in the floor. :P
Team BLEEP Suspicious Houmous / Sprouting Potato / Fermented Melon / Black Carrot
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

stanley blade, but make bumpers to limit its travel... like most heavyweight axe bots have
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

Or redesign the arm to include a lobe so that it hits that first before the blade hits the floor.
Team Kaizen

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
FW: Azriel
MW: Jibril, Kaizen
voorsk

Post by voorsk »

but it's meant to hit the floor!

well.. not the floor, preferably, but if the front gets pushed up, like while being wedged into a wall, then i want it to hit whatever's pushing it. i got a few free hits that way before. :)
Team BLEEP Suspicious Houmous / Sprouting Potato / Fermented Melon / Black Carrot