New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Team BeligerAnt Too have a new robot, called "Ouchie".

I can't say too much about it, but if you search for Ouchie on Amazon you should get the idea...

For the record, this robot was commissioned by Paula, built by James and will be driven by Bethany. We like to make it a family affair! :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Ooh, is it another duck robot?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

It could be another example of anas roboticus :wink:
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

My new robots for AWS28, well not new robots more improved robots

Badgerbot- Its had a total drive overhaul, now has 2x 30:1 sanyo style motors and a Li Po battery pack rather than a Li Ion pack. at AWS27 it lost drive on one side and I couldn't figure out why but I replaced the drive and receiver and we're back in business proof that Badger can't be choosers

Boo! - some of you might know I bought boo off josh, I've upgraded the drive trimmed the wheels down, I've given it more grip and upgraded the motor controller. Its now faster and more powerful both in drive and weapon.

Anto3 - I've got 2 versions of it now, one is pretty much the same as AWS27, but with a Spectrum Nano receiver rather than the 900MHz one which seems to of gone abit mad and it loses control and just spins off on its own, which lead to Anto3 going out at AWS27 so I've sorted that. the 2nd version is unlikely to make it, its a titanium chassis Sozbots controller and special bonded tyres 4 LiPo cells, the reason it proberbly wont make it is the wheels havent come back from being bonded and the chassis needs about 4 more hours of machining to get it right, but the other one is working

Also I have another new robot, not going to compete as i'm not sure if its legal, its basically a bayblade, Its a 4in disc with a single brushless motor spinning the outer shell, it needs to be spinning to stand up, about 3000rpm, it moves by stopping the motor for a split second and tilting the disc, this is controlled by a gyro and microprocessor.

basically it sits and spins then it stalls for a split second causing the shell to ''coin'' (the disc leans to one side) the gyro knows where i want to go and when the tilt is in the right direction say forward the motor picks up speed upto about 12,000rpm and it has forward motion

Its not done yet, I really need to know if its legal before I continue
Remote-Controlled Dave

I've thought about this kind of robot before. I can't see why it isn't legal. There aren't any rules to negate it from combat, its just an original solution. Would probably work better in a fully enclosed arena rather than our ant drop off ones, but I don't see why that should stop it being made and competing.
The problem I always saw with this design is a way to make it go in the direction you wanted, rather than just bounce around at random. However, you seem to have sorted this problem out. Craig, I'd love to see it fight.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I wouldnt go so far as to say i've sorted it, I've got a solution to the problem, trouble is if the gyro kicks in too late or i change direction just slightly then the disc touches the floor and it pings off like a spinning top
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Maybe we should make a beyblade arena for this kind of robots :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSEwMDGb4p4
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Ahhh, I bet their mum made them put the dustsheet down to stop from scratching the floor.

Simon
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

I OWN ONE OF THOES!

*secretly realising that they are no longer cool for teenagers*

I USED to own one of thoes.
Fortune cookie says: Pain is meerly a feeling;
unless its PERMANANT FOREVER.

Fortune cookie no.2 says: Take heed of
Last cookie
Remote-Controlled Dave

Can't really see any rules that would prevent it though. It would just be really easy to beat in a none-enclosed arena. However, if your robot is easy to beat, that doesn't mean it can't enter.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39