New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

A great little piece of engineering, looks like great fun. :)
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I know this was a bit further back in the thread but actually the thin Titanium on the front of the new Defiant stood up to combat fairly well.
I have just been watching the video of it against Void one of the lower scoopes around and I think on the times we came together head to head I got under him as much as he did me.
Unfortunatley Scott was a bit sneeky and kept attacking from the side or rear and won :roll: .
One advantage of the tracks is the ability to back over other robots when being pushed from behind which saved me two or three times at AWS32.
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

I finally got my first bot (nearly) finished. It only needs some minor modifications to the flipper. Note that i forgot to put the battery and motor controller back in the robot for the photo. If any of you are wondering about the odd armour it was because there was a mix up at the shop iIbuy my metal and they labelled the wrong thing which we bought and was fitted before realising what happened.

Haywire
Length: 10cm
Width: 10cm
Height: 4.5cm
Weight: 147g
Armour: 1mm Aluminium on front, 0.5mm steel for sides, 0.5mm aluminium for rear and bottom, Unknown clear plastic for top!
Drive: 2x 56:1 motors
Speedo: Sabertooth 2x5 RC
Battery: 350mAh 2 cell LiPo
Weapon: Flipper powered by HPX servo

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv21 ... C10351.jpg
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

I've knocked together another antweight from the collective parts of Anti-deppressant and redshift to boost the numbers of the team a bit.
It runs off 3 Park Flyer HPXF servos (2 drive, 1 flipper), a 7.2v lipo and uses home made wheels that are literally made from Foamboard, postcards and rubber gloves; and they're not half bad surprisingly.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
knightrous

Kruger

Post by knightrous »

Name: Kruger (AKA Freddie Kruger....)
Weight: ~145g
Length: 100mm
Width: 115mm
Height: 55mm
Drive: 2x Pololu 100:1 gearmotors with Pololu 32mm wheels.
Controller: HobbyCity T4A RX with B-328 controller.
Battery: 11.1v 3S 360mAh 20C Rhino LiPol
Weapon: 18g stainless steel spinning bar @ ~15000rpm. Powered by a Tunigy 2204 14T motor @ 11.1v, Turnigy Plush10A speed controller.
Armour: 1 & 3mm polycarb
Youtube Video
Antweights: Scarlet

BotBitz - Antweight, Beetleweight & Featherweight parts at an affordable price.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Wow! Thats so cool. Is there any armour on the back? :P
knightrous

Post by knightrous »

alasdair wrote:Wow! Thats so cool. Is there any armour on the back? :P
When it's completed there will be :) Most likely some more coke bottle or a small bit of carbon fibre I have laying around. I'm just happy it self rights with drive and weapon :D
Antweights: Scarlet

BotBitz - Antweight, Beetleweight & Featherweight parts at an affordable price.
Impact

Post by Impact »

Hey, Guys,

I?m Victor, 15 Years old from Berlin and Member of the GRA. My friend and me fromed the Team "Rock?n Robot".

This is my active Antweight:

Red Bull 2:

Weight: 148 gr
Lenght: 9,8 cm
Width: 11,2 cm
Height: 3,6 cm
Weapon: nothing/Pusher
Armour: Polysterol 1,5 mm
Drive: Gearmotors 1:30

http://img52.imageshack.us/g/p1040997.jpg/

(The old one was destroyed by an Spinner)

And i just build another Antweight:

http://img27.imageshack.us/g/p1050104c.jpg/

(under Construction)

Weight: ? gr
Lenght: 10,9 cm
Width: 10,5 cm
Height: 3,0 cm
Weapon: Lifter
Armour: Polysterol 1,5 mm and 1 mm
Drive: Gearmotors 1:60

If there will be an AWS in the Nederlands in future, i hope to come and meet you all.

Nice Greetings
(Sorry for my bad english)

www.teamrockandrobot.com
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Hi Victor,

I have to say I'm really impressed with your ants, they look very well built and tidy :) what's the front wedge made out of on Red Bull?

Just as a friendly suggestion as well (I'm only going on the pictures so I don't know if there's a reason for this :P) if you moved the back lifter pivot a bit further forwards on the robot's base with the second one - or even got rid of it entirely and attached the back of the arm to the servo - you might get more lift out of the arm as at the moment it looks virtually square with the body - although having said that I haven't built any four bar flippers myself so you'll possibly know better than I do.

(p.s: don't worry about your English much, so far it's better than a few actually English people I've known, heh)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
haz

Post by haz »

hallo victor, wow your robots are awsome where did you get 60:1 gearmototrs from :-?