Is this guy serious :o
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

I dont know about you guys, but Tom has not given me a good first expression
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

problem is Tom you say u dont know what a remote control is, yet u think u can get a controller that will drive Anto XP when u know nothing about it, me thinks our new Tom is one of our faithfull
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Well, coming back to proper conversation, Craig am liking the look of the walker especially. Did you say its getting a grabber of some sort? And what's driving it?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

motors are slower and far torqueier than mutant plus it takes bigger steps, so theroy is she'd be quikcer than Mutant. yea she will be a crusher hopefully near 20kg of crush but that figure will proberbly drop, powered by a windin spring which is wound by a brushless motor. how it works is the spring gets turned and the tails of the spring attach to the chassis and arm, it means the arm will come down like lightening and then it starts to grip, as the motor spins the sping is wound tighter and the arm gets more powerfull. Theroy says she'd bend 1mm ally but think the chassis would give out before that.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Its feet are massive! You should call it Sideshow Bob. Dave 3 is looking good now though.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

when its got its shell on it'll look like razer with to long feet, Daves cool and still masses underweight so might armour her up a lil better
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Why is Dave a she? :o
And that crusher sounds awesome...
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
olivers

Post by olivers »

I just got a Cirrus CS704MG from Hobbystores for ?25. 14.6kg/cm at 6V and work fine at 7.2v The case is easily modded and you can cut 1/2 of it away easily. It's 46g which is a bit heavy but the gears won't strip and you can save a few grams from the case and servo wire.

I was looking to use this in an updated version of anteater, they are slightly better and lighter than the 14Kg/cm Blue Bird servo's I have.

Speed is a bit slow at 0.15 sec/60 degrees at 6v but can't have everything.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

LOL Dave sorry machines general are female, think about it they suck up ur time and money u have to travel all over the place for them and u have to do everything for them coz they cant do it themselves (sorry mum)