New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

i don't mean the immobilisation of the non-spinner and the knock-out of the spinner, because the non-spinner still is in the arena and wins.

i mean 2 robots OOTA at pretty much the same time, the one who initiates the KO should win.
this is already accepted with other robot, example: a wedge pushing out a wedge, but goes out the arena himself. This is just because we can actually time the difference between the KO's. Spinners on the other end do KO's a lot faster which makes it harder to judge.
Stating that the initiater wins should one simplify and two clarify things.

just my two cents.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I agree if both go out the one that initiated should win. I found it hard giving the decision against DBA at the last WS event just because the other robot bounced off the arena wall and took slightly longer to go out.
I have suffered the same problem myself many times before I beleive the rules as they are favour the armoured pusher. Hence I finally entered Defiant in a AWS. I would like to see a fully enclosed arena with two low sides that people can be lifted over and two higher sides that drop down after 1 minute.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Well come on pete, you're on the comittee, use your influence :D
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I agree with Pete and Tim. I think its a valuable point and its fair. If a non-spinner rams the spinner to cause both to fly out, the none spinner should win. If the spinner causes the hit, the spinner should win. However, there could be some arguement as to who initiated some of the hits (eg. If a wedge rams into a disc, is it the motion of the disc or the speed of the wedge that causes KO). Its worth talking about though.
I also like the idea of a fully enclosed arena with fold-down walls.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

ok so i said i was building new ants so i proberbly better show u how there coming along.
As i'm not that good with computers i uploaded them to flickr.com first pic is of the beginings of HTF (hand that feeds) second is the only complete one
and thats Dave, new chassis and wheels are further forward helps it turn. also has new blade that is thicker and heavier, and i've up rated to bigger batteries so when she gets up to speed she can stay there. third pic is the new XP chassis amazingly iwent to the trouble and wideing her by 3 whole mm, means i can fit more inside, note the ally struts have gone and now sports polycarbonate ones. Jus about to try and put it all back in so we'll have to see if it works, btw i got the gyro in too!!!!

www.flickr.com/photos/tanto818/
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

One thing craig, is XP reversible? I'm kind of assuming it would be, but where do you get reversible brushless controllers from? If they even exist...
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

yea totally reversable, controllers do exist, there specially made for US Military basiclly means if i blow them i aint getting anymore was very VERY lucky to get what i have.
tom of technology

Post by tom of technology »

[quote="peterwaller"]I have just completed SuperMilitANT. This means I now have a complete set as Fleabite is also a militANT clone in the flea weight divison. SupermilitANT has speed hacked S135L's for drive and about a 35gm 110 mm diameter spinner using either two stanley knife blades or a homemade titanium blade depending on the opposition armour. ANTicyclone has now reverted to it horizontal disc but with titanium front forks to get under the opposition and guide them into the blades.[/quote]i dont klnow what a remote control system is or at least how they work??????????????????????????????????????????????????? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :lol: 8) :P :oops: :D
tom of technology

Post by tom of technology »

[quote="Craig_Anto3"]yea totally reversable, controllers do exist, there specially made for US Military basiclly means if i blow them i aint getting anymore was very VERY lucky to get what i have.[/quote]

thats good but can i get a speed controler just as power full for under 40 ?
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Doubt it very much ToT