New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

ohcrap, sorry to head that craig.
I bet the same was about to happen to me. I was charging this old lipo and it was defenetly the right polarity and the charger was plugged into a SLA batt also the right polarity.
But for some reasson the battery slowly got fatter and fatter. I turned it off once I realised but it looked like it was gona go so I dumped it outside.
I recorn its just an old battery.
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
josh

Post by josh »

i jst finnished off the drum for my spinning drum bot last night and i went to spin it up but the speedo didnt work theres no signs of burning and no funny smeel i have been keepin it tucked away in a box and running it at 12v 8amps :S

btw thas my drum

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/ ... C00976.jpg
Marco Roberts

Post by Marco Roberts »

that...looks...crazy
<-=AWS 10 1st and 2nd champ=->
<-=AWS 13 1st and 2nd champ=->
josh

Post by josh »

shold be gd if i fix my speed controller and get my titanium teeth done :D
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Josh, that looks extremely dangerous, but I'm not sure if it'll be worse for me, or for you.

Simon
josh

Post by josh »

i got my riot shield and welding gloves ready :P
olivers

Post by olivers »

How are people making the mounts to attach spinning weapons to motors? Some people have lathes or access to machinery, it's a good question for those about without access to such goodies.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

for kwijebo i got a custom hub CNCed and fitted from UK robotics - i think i paid about ?15. The plan now is to buy a lathe, mount it in a clamp and run a drill bit through one side and out the other - tap and grub screw.

If you have the weapon and pillar drill the last bit is possible.

Any other ideas?
TEAM GEEK!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If you want to drill holes for grub screws the tricky bit is getting them to go though the centre of the bar. Remember most motor shafts are only 2mm dia where as the grub screws are usually M3 or 3mm. To drill from the edge of a round spinner and exactly hit the shaft hole up the centre you need a V block. This is a block of metal with a precision V macined in it. If you clamp the V block on the pillar drill bed so that the drill when lowered is exactly in the base of the V then any round object placed in that V will be drilled through the centre.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Pete, do you really need to drill a grub screw through the centre of the collar? Even if it's a bit off centre won't it still grip the motor shaft?

But thatnks for the tip about the V block, another lovely toy to lust after (slurp).