New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

you robot is much like my full body spinner that i completed yesterday :) although my one has drive.
Zog

Post by Zog »

Name: Ant's Revenge

Weight: 300g
Length: 100mm
Width: 750mm
Height: 600mm
Drive: 2x servos
Battery: Unknown, looks like 4 recharble AAs.
Weapon: Flipping arm + spikes
Armour: 1mm Polycarbonate

Was made in an hour... I can buy gearmotors to decrease the weight, the problem is, I'm not sure how I can get the servo wire to connect to the gearmotors...
Apollo. A robot in the making. (Dramatic Music)
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

You need a speed controller for the gearmotors, Andrew Hibberd's wiring thread (http://www.robotwars101.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1399) may or may not help.

Those servos don't look like our usual micro ones it has to be said :P like the general design though.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Zog

Post by Zog »

I don't have gearmotors, so i don't need an s/c.

I don't think that they are micro servos, Dave Weston sent them to me (he and one of the dutch roboteers broke my two).
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Yeah, those are standad S3003 servos, the same I used to use in my superant.

I would suggest buying one of the 210mA 6V NiMH packs that Jonno sells as a spare for his Super-Antz kits, it will last long enough, give your robot an extra 1.2v (that seems to be a 4.8v pack you're using) and it'll bring your weight down a fair chunk.
Zog

Post by Zog »

By the looks of it, it seems to be a lot larger than my pack... So therefore, heavier.

Dave, how did you connect a 9V battery to the receiver? Did you remove the wiring or something?
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I know from first hand inspection that the 210mA is considerably smaller that that 700mA you are currently using, and I know the weight of the 700mA pack is somewhere in the region of 80g, whereas the 210mA one is around 20g. Its wise not to take things on first appearance.

As for a 9v battery, you can't attach it directly to a receiver, anything over 6v burns every receiver I've ever come across. However, I happen to have a regulator that will bring 9v down to a receiver freindly 6v, which I will be willing to part with if you want it.
Zog

Post by Zog »

I would like the regulator then please. You know my address. Is it free, or...?

Still, you do semi-owe me one :P
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I do ? How so ?

Anyway, I'll send it over, I need to sold a few new connectors on it, but I'll send it out ASAP
Zog

Post by Zog »

Nah I'm just kidding.

Anyway, have you got any other ideas to decrease weight?