New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Pete, what happened to the FBS version of Mutant? The doorbell looking one?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Nothing really Dave it is still in the cupboard. It has a problem that the top tends to fly off when it gets up to speed and I have pinched the magnet part of the motor for another robot but it is still waiting to be finished off one day maybe.
Critters

Post by Critters »

peterwaller wrote:That looks very impressive what was the weight of the object you were flipping.
Here is mine flipping Defiant still having to manually release the flipper but the loading and latching works.
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... =flip1.flv
It only just goes out of frame at the top.
How did you do the latching? I've been trying to think of this for over a year for Lego Mindstorms
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Here is a diagram made from part of the drawing.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... lipper.jpg
Hope it helps.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Still no improvment in the flipper so I have gone off on another tangent. Still a few things to iron out such as how to counter balance the robot when carrying, how to provide omni directional bearings for front and self righting but it might just be possible. If it works it is going to be called Anttrap.
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... nttrap.flv
Critters

Post by Critters »

hmmm... I see, have you found a way of releasing it?

another servo would work but that would be too heavy. Maybe an auto flipper?

you could have the release arm in the middle of the flipper plate in a slot. So when another bot hits it, it releases.

EDIT: oops I see how you release it. The servo that drives it, releases it....very smart! but I think you might have some trouble using the fipper when you want. The servo drives the flipper down but then when you want to release it the servo has to go all the way back. You won't be able to see how close it is to the latch. So, it could release too soon or too late.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Looks brill Pete, reminds me of Icant way back. We have already had an "Anttrap" though, Josh built it ages ago.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
josh

Post by josh »

looks great =] dont mind, have the name, i dont use it anymore.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Critters it shouldn't be a problem although the servo is relatively slow (0.33s per 60 deg) I can set it to within 15 degrees of the release point on transmitter stick position and from there it is less than 0.1 sec.

Dave you know me I can hardly remember the names of my own robots let alone every one elses.

Josh Cheers if it works I might take you up on that.

I have just got some smallish polou ball casters from technobots which may be slightly too large but should enable the front to still move under the weight of another robot. If there is still a tendancy to tip forward I might have to have the front extend when the flipper goes up. The release is now working.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Here is the full cycle working on one servo you can see the latch working better at the end as I turn it slightly.
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... ttrap2.flv