New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Well Tim just accused me of being to nice and soft on the AWS21 so I guess he would win. :)
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Well Tim just accused me of being to nice and soft on the AWS21 so I guess he would win.
Sounds like a challenge to me...and a worry for the rest of us! haha.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
harveyandpuma

Post by harveyandpuma »

hi i just joined and i am waiting for my antweight order to arrive.

i ordered it off robot market place and ive been waiting for about 4 weeks for it to come.

is this because i live in spain if it is how long will it take.

thanks

harvey
flimsey

my new robot

Post by flimsey »

hey guys im new to this forum!!
could u give me some advice on how to make a good flipper and stuff also can u tell me what program i could use to make a design for it???

HELP PLEASE :D :D :D
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Firstly, welcome to flimsey and harveyandpuma.

@harvey: Stuff does take a little while to arrive from RobotMarketplace as they are based in the USA. Also you have to allow for the Christmas holidays and all the extra mail during December.
If you are concerned, contact RobotMarketplace. I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with an order from there before.

Also, it is not necessary to post a question more than once on this forum, and you don't make any friends by posting the same thing to many threads. You do need to allow at least 24 hours for someone to reply, as most people only check the board once a day.

@flimsey: If you search around the web you will find various flipper designs. A servo-driven flipper/lifter is by far the simplest to start with. There are some useful hints on my web site (link at bottom of post).
You can use whichever program you want to design it. Personally I still prefer a pencil and paper. Anything from Paint to Catia :wink: would do the job, just choose whichever suits you (and your pocket!) best.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
flimsey

Post by flimsey »

so whats ur website for da hints???
flimsey

Post by flimsey »

and also to make the robot work i was gonna use two servos for movement and rubber wheels (is that a good idea). do u really need a speed controller for the motors. also i was gonna make a polycarbonate shell for it... if id enter it in a torny ill make it double layered.
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

flimsey wrote:and also to make the robot work i was gonna use two servos for movement and rubber wheels (is that a good idea). do u really need a speed controller for the motors. also i was gonna make a polycarbonate shell for it... if id enter it in a torny ill make it double layered.
If you are using servos, you do not need a speed controller. If you are using motors you will need a speed controller. Rubber wheels are a good idea. Polycarb is also a good idea.
flimsey

Post by flimsey »

THis is what happened went i made the first weapon on my prototype

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/6164/imgp0545la6.jpg

Edited to make the image a link - Simon 2/1/07
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Hi

Welcome to the forum, can't really make out what is in the picture :-?

Some people tend to prefer links to pictures rather than having it open in the forum.
TEAM GEEK!