New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Flippt

Post by Flippt »

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Flippt/.jpg

Peter Waller, is this the old Miliant!? (it says Miliant inside the red circle)
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Raizor

Post by Raizor »

Pete what about using something like 0.25mm Polycarbonate, and sticking some plumbers tape to it. The polycarbonate will be flexible enough to bend down to make the seel and the ptfe would reduce friction? Not sure if it will work but might be worth a shot?
The Irish Guy
Website Hosting:
http://www.dghosting.co.uk
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

The new Team BeligerAnt...

The Dalek is a bit too tall to fit in the 4" cube - I guess it'll have to be classed as a SuperAnt.
Now, can you guess which member of the team is responsible for which robot? :wink:
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

wasn't Micheal Bolton was it Gary? or is he dead?
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

ok XP1HP aka Anto specs at last:- weight 149.87g couldnt be closer really, 88mm wide 90mm long 37mm tall, chassis is 6mm aluminium grade 6072 its what i've use for years on my heavies, armouris 1mm titanium and 0.3mm polycarb. she runs from 7.4v nominal to 24v depending how brave i am. speed? well thats a little more interesting my wild claims of 30mph before were a little off she actually runs nearer 40mph and really has a phenominal tip speed when she spins on the spot. the 1 HP claims have yet to be proven however she does do 540w on 7.4v on 24v she should hit the magic 750w mark. run time is the issue really on 7.4v she only runs for about 40 secs but as most fights are over in less than 20secs i should be ok. will eventually update my website with some pics and a video ;) best one so far is a race between Tanto and Anto and the recording of the numbers on the clamp meter rising to 540w is cool. Oh and the footage of it breaking bamboo sticks maynot sound very impressive but weight till u see its wicked

Fastest most power antweight also pretty small too, can i drive it? thats where digital trimming on my new radio come in and the answer in a round about way is yes
see you soon
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Love it Craig, great stuff. Which heavy's were u responsible for?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Have you tried it as a turbo rollerskate yet :D One Anto on each foot, sick.

Sounds good though. Will you be at AWS17?
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Unfortunately the "new" Team BeligerAnt (see above) won't make it to AWS17, it will be the usual suspects!
In fact, those 'bots were built for our school summer fair using the antweight kits borrowed from Setpoint Sussex @ Brighton Uni.
I was responsible for the black gaffa-tape creation, James's was the Kronik The Wedgehog look-alike, Bethany created the (slightly oversize) Dalek and the "Pink Peril" was beautifully (?) decorated by Mrs BeligerAnt (a.k.a. Paula).

I have been asked to help out with another Antweight event at Brighton Uni, probably in November. If we can make it an open event details will appear on this forum (of course!). Could be a good way to publicise ourselves to an interested audience? I would hope to integrate some full combat demos in with the less destructive games, to show the kids what antweights are *really* all about!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have got a rolling chassis for SucculANT and it can drive around on a vertical surface. It has taken three weeks just to perfect a seal that can suck down from the normal non vacuum position while still allowing driving with and without suction. It has a two stage seal the first a flexible one that allows the initial suck down then a fixed one that provides the real grip. Initially the down force ment that the tyres kept being forced of the rims on turns so I had to glue them on. Unfortunatly it is too heavy for a spinner so it might end up as a pusher at least for now.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Will this be competing at aws17 the pete?
TEAM GEEK!