Antweight robot max 1,5 cm height

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Shakey

Re: Antweight robot max 1,5 cm height

Post by Shakey »

If a suitable camera is found and electronics from Rory I can certainly design a chassis for you.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
glant

Post by glant »

The camera is not a problem, I have already found many.

What I need to know is if device can use a single onboard wireless transceiver to transmit both rc commands and wireless video or two separate wireless transceivers: I suppose that only the second option is possible.
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

The second option is the easiest and probably cheapest.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
glant

Post by glant »

An example of wireless 2,4 Ghz micro camera:

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/camera-and-i ... pter-.html

I already have a standard 2,4 ghz video receiver that should be compatible with any wireless camera.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

The problem with using a 2.4GHz video feed, is that the controller for the robot also runs 2.4GHz which can cause a lot of interference on the video feed. For this reason, a lot of aircraft FPV systems have moved to 5.8GHz video feeds, which are much clearer.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Roboteernat

Post by Roboteernat »

Im currently building a 1.6mm high robot with a high power servo flipper for Antweight combat, so it can be done. What sort of gaps is the OP trying to get through? could you give us more details on the application? cavity wall or as a degree educational course project?
Some projects done: Wirelessly controlled mechanical hand/arm
Heavyweight: Short Circuit
Antweight robot : Locking wheel nuts, dell-apidated bANTtry...
Featherweight : Wanna Choppa, CASPer
Check out http://www.Roboteernat.co.uk for more details
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Roboteernat wrote:Im currently building a 1.6mm high robot
Now thats impressive! :D
glant

Post by glant »

Rapidrory wrote:The problem with using a 2.4GHz video feed, is that the controller for the robot also runs 2.4GHz which can cause a lot of interference on the video feed. For this reason, a lot of aircraft FPV systems have moved to 5.8GHz video feeds, which are much clearer.
Even using different channels for video and control commands ?
glant

Post by glant »

Roboteernat wrote:Im currently building a 1.6mm high robot with a high power servo flipper for Antweight combat, so it can be done. What sort of gaps is the OP trying to get through? could you give us more details on the application? cavity wall or as a degree educational course project?
The measured gap is about 2cm, may be few mm less, may be more. 1,5 cm was a conservative value.

The device should be used to inspect buildings where an endoscope probe like thisis unsuitable due to a non linear path.
glant

Post by glant »

For all the people that are instrested, I'm summarizing in this post all the required specification.

1) An height of about 1,5 cm including wheels or tracks. The space to inspect has an eight of about 2cm with a tolerance of +/- few mm.

2) Controlled by wireless remote control or by pc/tablet app.

3) Onboard wireles cctv camera with non infrared leds to light 10, 20 cm of path. The cam should transmit video in real time to the operator monitor.

4) Move slowly, only one speed/gear is ok. (make reference to the video of point 7 for an example of how fast the robot should be)

5) A battery of the size allowed by space constraints. (The minimum requirement is 50 meters of autonomy.)

6) Ideally 15 meters of wireless range NLOS through walls.

7) A real example of what I need, assembled with all components, can be seen on the video below, they should be chosen/organized considering the space constraints.

The speed of the device and video quality of camera is ok for what I need.

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/tir ... tion-robot

8 ) Take into account ground clearance because the surface where the bot has to travel is concrete that may present gaps of few millimeters

http://paper-backgrounds.com/textureima ... all-hd.jpg

9) No need to run inverted: is almost impossible for the bot to turn upside down

10) No need to be dust/water proof.

11) The device should be simple and cheap as possible, because the robot may be lost in the path and became unrecoverable ...

12) The user can control the device only through the camera video because the bot will be hidden from view.