A new antweighter (again!)

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Occashokka

A new antweighter (again!)

Post by Occashokka »

Hi My name is Joel (finally a new person who isnt called dave!)found out about antweight a month ago,researched loads and got directed here by haz hills on youtube so thanks to him.Im only 13 and I'm a bit of a novice so any advice would be good but I would like some tips on the prices and kits such as shock bots kits.
Last edited by BeligerAnt on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Moved posts to Antweight section and merged with other thread
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
haz

Re: A new antweighter (again!)

Post by haz »

Hey Joel.

Welcome to the hobby :)

The shockbots kit is £120 as listed on their website. http://www.shockbots.co.uk/robot-kits/4585988216

If there is any particular help or advice you need just ask and you'll get a response from someone here.

Harry.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Hi Joel and welcome to the forum.
You will find people in here are usually friendly and helpful so you should get replies to any questions.
One of the best and quickest ways to learn is by attending a competition even if you haven't actually built a robot.
You need to speak to Will (teamocean) on the shock kits I can't remember there web site address but someone will.
There you go while I was typing some one already answered.
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

Haz, I love your stuff,so jealous i don't actually have much building skill and I have no clue how to get chassis designs printed so my bots might be a bit messy and kinda rustic
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)

Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Kinda rustic is the best style :)

If you want to give your own chassis designs ago (mine are mostly made from hand folded plastic and duct tape :P) then I'd recommend looking at these: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1feH ... sp=sharing (but then I am biased :roll:)
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Hi! Great to see more new people coming in!

I started in March this year with absolutely no building skills, something which is still present in my current robots!

Mine are as 'rustic' as you can get! I make mine out of sellotape and laminate pouches an they stand up very well to any spinner that wants to come and have a go; just give something simple a try and you will be surprised at how effective it is!

I buy my parts individually and have made an entire robot for £40 (maybe slightly less) which included the transmitter, receiver, batteries (2 of), a charger, battery switch and of course the drive; they really are quite inexpensive to build! However, seeing Will's kits in action, I would definitely say they are worth the money. 3D printed chassis, weapon servo and most importantly gearmotors which are way better than the servos I use on most of mine!

Just try putting something together, no matter how shambolic it is and enter it!

Good luck! If you need any help, feel free to ask!
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

Wow thanks guys-I've already built some card models of my ideas
Should I post them?
Also has anyone made a robot called ExuberANT or VigilANTe and r these names any good?
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)

playzooki

Post by playzooki »

Welcome! I've been doing this for a year and still cant build something decent. I recommend the nanotwo kits if you want to use your own design. You should post the card models. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we are very friendly and willing to help if you get stuck.
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

What's the nano two kits website address?
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

The Nano Two's don't have a website. To buy one you email me what you want to rapidrory@gmail.com, I build it, then ship it to you.

I would have a website for them, but I only sell straight to other roboteers so don't really want to advertise them more publicly.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc