DX5 fail

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

DX5 fail

Post by razerdave »

Hey Guys

My DX5e, the modified one (with weapon switches, etc), has decided to randomly fail on me. Let me explain.

I opened up the TX to have a look at what resistors I used for the DPDT switch I use for Baby Hell's axe (2.2kOhm, needed them for a servo mod). Anyway, as far as I could tell, I touched nothing else, screwed it back together, and then it seems the trims for the Elevator channel no longer work at all. The channel itself works, I have managed to get the robots to sit still by holding the sticks off center together (Mode 1 set up), but the trim for elevator is unresponsive.

Any ideas ?

Also, how does one usually set a brushless esc up properly ? My spinner on Divinity will only spin when the stick gets halfway up, but it should spin lower than that. It also had a random episode where it spun totally on its own, no input from me whatsoever. After a few random resetting and full throttling that channel, it seems to have stopped going on its own. But I can't figure out what happened the first time.
knightrous

Re: DX5 fail

Post by knightrous »

With the brushless esc's, you need to bind your TX to the RX with the throttle channel at it's lowest setting. This is because a fair few of the RX's failsafe to their initial settings when bound to the TX. So if you turn your TX off, the RX will default the throttle to center stick, which is basically 50% throttle to the brushless ESC, hence uncontrolled/unwanted spinnerations :)
Antweights: Scarlet

BotBitz - Antweight, Beetleweight & Featherweight parts at an affordable price.