Team Shock's Build Diary

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Lowtech

Re: Team Shock's Build Diary

Post by Lowtech »

At Burgess hill I thought I saw a Ripper antweight, does anyone recall building it.
Firestorm-in-a-teacup (2WD front hinged flipper)
Hydrant (4WD crusher) (in progress)
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

That was Will
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Yep that was me

In other news after AWS 37 I am already starting on ideas for the next Inertia and for a new horizontal spinner.

I'm also thinking of getting rid of Quake as I no longer really need it and could build a new one to replace it.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

A small update from me

Quake has now gone to a new home which opens up some space on my team for a replacement although I am likely to go ahead and finish 2 ideas that have been around for a while.

First up is Inertia 5 going for a single tooth disc in a milled HDPE chassis and it will be joining Inertia's 3 & 4 at the next AWS I attend

Next is a new flipper so that I have something to run at non spinner events- won't be a conventional flipper though.

I also need a replacement for Tesla as the drive servos have finally packed up so time for a proper rebuild.

Apart from that Inertia 3 needs a new disc after Variant wrecked the last one so may go single tooth as on I5.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Small update from me.

Momentum will be joining my team very soon- not going to say too much more until its done but I'm hoping that it will be Variant-proof unlike the Inertia's

The rest of my team haven't been touched since the AWS but will be getting some attention before the next event. Got the single tooth disc design finished and ready to cut so will hopefully be cut out when I get home after the exam period.

Also turns out the the damage to Inertia 3 was a little more than originally thought with the brushless shaft being bent by the impact- might be time to change the design a little.

Apart from that there has been very little happening with our ants- due to the slight increase in beetleweight activity I am considering revisting my beetle idea but that can wait for the moment as we have several projects lined up including finishing Soundwave and building a 60lb spinner for the Robogames next year.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Now I've finally finished exams and managed to get home for a few days I have had time to do a little work to my robots.

Managed to locate the problem with Inertia XS- I put the drive servo back together incorrectly so none of the gears meshed- reassembled it and off it goes- been testing it against Tesla and its working nicely.

Still haven't got round to getting those discs cut- needs to be done soon or I'll have to come up with an alternative to get Inertia 3 running again for the AWS.

Also hoping to reveal Momentum next week if the stuff arrives before I end up going back to Reading :)

Still need to figure out a replacement for Tesla as the last AWS and my testing sessions with XS have finally finished it off- if I did build another spinner it would mean that I would have 5 spinners to enter which is very tempting!
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Finally got my hands on Momentum today- had it running and I'm really pleased with it just need to add some teeth and Ive decided to go LS4 style :)

Weight: currently 148g but is having some work done to the shell to lose weight for the teeth.
Diameter: 100mm
Height: 20mm
Drive: 2x 50:1 Motors
Speedos: Banebots
Weapon: Full Body Spinner powered by 22m brushless with a 10A ESC
Battery: 240mAh 2 cell lipo
Aluminium shell and Carbon Fibre base

Some pics
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Ah so that's where The Gimp went :)
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Yep, always fancied a FBS so thought I'd give it a new home :) need to come up with a more secure mount for the shell but it is working as it sits at the moment
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Put a video up Will, scare a few people.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39