Re: New Robots- Continued

Post by joey_picus »

earthwormjim wrote:
Joey wrote:
earthwormjim wrote: Hi Joey!!! :D
Hi Jim! :D
Hi Joey!!!!!! :D
Hi Jim!!!!!!! :D
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

I am currently building a new robot called thunder. it'll have a servo powered flipper for weaponry and self righting capability. the armour will be 2mm HDPE like my first ant Hogi. it proved axe proof and spinner proof at AWS 40. should have it up and running by either roaming robots Guildford 2013 or AWS 41. I named it thunder because my cousin's super ant is called lightning.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Hi guys

After a fairly long hiatus from robots, I am back armed with google sketchup to finally make some shapeways bots.
Over the past few weeks this has been the fruits of my labour

A new chassis for Mantis, Frantic, and a new fleaweight (something I have been pondering for god knows how long) called Salt. He is a 4wd invertible pusher running with the exact same motors and electronics as Frantic, so he is gonna have as much push as an ant!

So far the only one of these printed is Salt, and we are currently soldering the motors. We are having to hardwire the board rather than use plugs because it is such a tight fit!

Frantic's new design features titanium plates on all sides, a pretty big armor upgrade from the previous design, and he is a tiny 13mm thick!

The new Mantis is just a better chassis of the previous mantis, using a massive 60g savox servo. There is also enough weight for titanium scoops.
haz

Post by haz »

Oh crikey oh blimey mate, as if your robots weren't hard to beat before. Looking very swish, but also fairly solid and bulky, surely that's going to cost a fair bit to shapeways?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Wow you don't mess around when you start something they look very good. :(
You might want to look at the floor of the middle one it looks like the surface is reversed which might cause problems at shapeways.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

haz wrote:Oh crikey oh blimey mate, as if your robots weren't hard to beat before. Looking very swish, but also fairly solid and bulky, surely that's going to cost a fair bit to shapeways?
Yeah the flea was about £30, and I just ran Mantis through and he is gonna be around £70 as he is atm :o Im planning on knocking some holes in him however
peterwaller wrote:Wow you don't mess around when you start something they look very good. :(
You might want to look at the floor of the middle one it looks like the surface is reversed which might cause problems at shapeways.
Good spot, thanks Peter. I just fixed it!