josh wrote:2 brushless motors? 2 disks?
yep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw6IHugUNDQ
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Lol thats really old now he has guards round the base to protect the motors and he has titanium discs- I will upload new vid with him on soon, but you can see him here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVT8YiusW_Q
josh

Post by josh »

hmm 4 hours... i'm yet to master a mill :roll:
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Looking nice, 20mm bore is very silly. Should make a new flyweight class, the winner being the person who launches the other one the furtherest. Whats the plan for moving the valve stem?
TEAM GEEK!
josh

Post by josh »

22kg force at the ram tip ^^, just a small servo to move the valve that system (complete ram and valve) weighs 24g so with a cap and a couple bolts thats 30 and theres a lot more material i can take out of the valve so should be okay for weight so far. think i may do the ram and valve system again as i've had several ideas to reduce material and i could do with some mounting tabs. also going to hollow out the rod and tap it to fix the top nylon sacrificial cap that will get chewed up firing the flipper as the base is fixed so it cannot pivot hence the simple heavyweight technique of pushing the arm up with a sacrificial cap and elastic return.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The thing that worries me with such a large ram is how many or should I say few flips are you going to get.
josh

Post by josh »

well theres only a 20mm stroke but probably only 3 good flips, 5 reasonable and a couple pathetic ones but tbh it doesnt need that many otherwise its not good enough anyway :p might run a second tank though aswell so double that if i can fit it in the weight.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

Havn't done much this weekend, busy revising... finnished the piston though and done some sketches to remake the ram slighly different which should make better seals, and also use less material hence weigh less.
not quite sure what happened to this picture the cylinder looks bent... its not!:lol:
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

persuaded myself to rebuild the cylinder valve block as I was worried about the significant slip in the block on the last one that meant there was a point of very low wall thickness in the cylinder. Ive slightly changed the design so it is 2mm taller than the last one but the bulk at the bottom is thinner and i will be able to remove more as the base of the cyclinder is in the circular part rather than the bottom valve block so i can cut further across and take more excess material out.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Great work!

I am getting a miniature lathe so I might be able to do something half as good as this! :D