Pop!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

Joey wrote:you lost a robot?
3 robots, DBA Evo two-tooth, DBA Evil one-tooth and the dudeweight + chargers and Spektrum DX6.

Can not find the bloody box i've put them in..
josh

Post by josh »

In that case it doesn't sound quite right i'll do the calculations by hand later on...
I'm back from austria and my shapeways parts arrived. Mostly good, couple of mistakes but i can work around them... The hobbyking motor and esc turned up and due to them being useless with dimensions i'm using neither. I will trade the pair for an 8-10 amp brushless esc that is 3mm thick without shrink wrap. Or sell the pair and buy a new esc.
Loads of pictures but no real internet until later in the week due to routers breaking in my abscence... So i will post them later in the week or maybe on my phone if i find the energy.
Disk should be here by the end of the week and still waiting on a reply from my carbon fibre supplier.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

Loads of coursework to do so naturally i have time to master the photobucket app.
Micro jr embedded charge socket
And without the weapon it could easily be a fleaweight...
And this is the motor and esc combo i'm looking to swap or sell
That is a tiny fraction of the photos it's hard to show all the detail.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
haz

Post by haz »

niice!
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

This one's going to be tough to beat if you get it going properly. Nice one Josh!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Gizz

Post by Gizz »

Looks really nice! What type of plastic is the one you got from shapeways?
josh

Post by josh »

That depends on my ability to drive the thing dave :roll:
And it's nylon22 i believe but because it is laser sintered granules it's pourous and not as dense but still very strong and a good shock absorbant.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Looking very nice Josh :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

cool!
josh

Post by josh »

Cheers :)
I have sorted out the nitride coating/hardening which will be done hopefully next week by Ian Humphrey. I have actually made another order with shapeways as I decided the side pieces were too flimsy and I am unsure when my carbon pieces will be ready. It's going to be tight to be ready for the aws but then again it always is... I bought a 6 amp brushless esc which was probably a mistake as my motor is rated eight amps but I'm yet to burn one of these little controllers out and have used them on much bigger motors and disks in the past so hopefully it will be okay. And I have remade the top layer of my pcb mount to incorporate this controller. The soldering is looking to be a fiddly task but again with my robots it normally is.
more next week hopefully.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com