weapon servos

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

alasdair

weapon servos

Post by alasdair »

Any good ideas for a servo suitable for a gripper or a lifting scoop? A cheap one?
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Hi Alasdair :)
If you wan't a fast flipper the best servo is a SuperTec Park HPXF, the only downside to that servo is that it uses plastic gears, so they might strip. I use a HS-82MG in one of my lifters: DiscordANT. It's pretty fast, and it has metal gears, so that's a good choice, oh and both the HPXF snd HS-82MG work fine at 7.4v. Anteater used a SuperTec lo-profile 136L/2bb to power it's grabbing claws. It's a good servo as it weighs 33g and delivers 8kg of torque, it also works at 7.4v. Bear in mind I have never used the 136L, I'm just going by estimations, calculations, reccommendations and a lot of theory :wink: Well, I havn't actually done any calculations, I'm no mathematician :wink: I buy all my servos from an online store called Servo Shop, as the prices are reasonable, they have a wide selection of servos (as well as brushless motors and other interesting little things :wink: ) and often do next day delivery, however, ebay is always a good bet for getting parts cheap. I bought 2 v-tail mixers for under ?10, and they came the next day :)
Anyway, I really have said too much,
Hope this helps,
Jack Evans
Captain
team terror
Critters

Post by Critters »

Well, if you want to go all out, you can get an R.C rockcrawler servo....
they have about 70+ kg/c (like 240 lbs/inch type thing) of torque.... which is stupid..... the downside is they are around $200 each....
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Under 10g. sorry i forgot to mention that :oops:. Also did i not mention CHEAP critters? :lol: :lol: :lol:
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I have got two hs82 servos but they might be too heavy. i might keep one and buy another one that is lighter, and use that for the gripper, and the hs82 for the lifter.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

With a 10g weight limit, the Supertec Naro HP/BB springs to mind. I think it weighs in at 9g and has a good balance of torque and speed - in fact, it has a lot of power for a 9g servo. At that weight, it's hard to beat.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt