Intro...

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That is rather impressive and it throws the robot forward as well which is much better than straight up as Flippant does.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

peterwaller wrote:That is rather impressive and it throws the robot forward as well which is much better than straight up as Flippant does.
Thanks Peter.
Yep. By lengthening and shortening each member,I can increase or decrease both the vertical,and foreward motion of the flipper.The way I have it now,seems to be about a 50/50 balance.I think that the constant foreward motion of the flipper arm should be a more productive use of the available movement,than an arm pivoting round a central point,like Bruce has,which moves foreward initially,but then swings backwards the higher it goes.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Do you think it will stand up to some of the spinners?
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

alasdair wrote:Do you think it will stand up to some of the spinners?
LOL,nope.Not for a second!! :D
Should be fun trying though!!

( I have an idea for an anti spinner bot,though. Very fast,and very low!We'll see what bits I have left to make the next one with after AWS!!!!!!) :D
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

James
Do try to get along to AWS33, even if your antweight is not finished in time. There are a few fleas signed up already so you can at least bring Bruce along to play :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I am so glad to see that design put into an actual robot. That flipper design has been a staple flipper design in K*bots (K'nex robots) for years, but no-one I've seen has used it in a robot despite its potential, so thank you for doing that Jim :)
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

razerdave wrote:I am so glad to see that design put into an actual robot. That flipper design has been a staple flipper design in K*bots (K'nex robots) for years, but no-one I've seen has used it in a robot despite its potential, so thank you for doing that Jim :)
Why is it that whenever you think you have come up with a good idea,someone has always beaten you to it!! :roll:
I think that in theory it should have some advantages,but who knows in practice??
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Its a bit like antweight Ziggy (american Superheavyweight, very successful).

Haha, it doesn't matter if an idea is original, as long as it works, and that looks like it'll work.
Welcome Jim, good to see something new and interesting.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
D0ntstare

Post by D0ntstare »

Cool glad you liked Antsstare :D, I Cant wait to actually get its flipper working, damn sods have still not delivered my controller (TX)... 6 Weeks nearly 7 now I have been waiting for it come along :(

Your flipper design is fricken ace, I cant wait to have a go against it :D
'Everyone is brave behind a castle wall'

http://web.me.com/d0ntstare/Team_Stare/
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Thanks all for the positive comments.
Much appreciated.
All I have to do now is try and squeeze all the electronics in!! :-?
Peters controller board will fit in neatly next t the servo,but the battery will need to be attached to the roof of the chassis,above the push rod. :o