Pop!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

daliad100

Re: Pop!

Post by daliad100 »

I reckon I can deal with 3ds files and possibly a dae. Just send them to the yahoo or hotmail address on my profile page and I'll convert it.
Team Imperial - What is that, metric?
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

josh wrote:The trick is the 5 minutes of tacky period in the resin before it dries, takes about 3 hours with the easycomposites resin I'm using. If you lay the resin down, let it set until it is tacky (you can touch it and leave a finger print but it doesn't come off on your finger) then lay the cloth in the centre and move outwards you can keep the weave even throughout. the cloth will stick straight to it but the threads won't move about when you apply the next coat of resin. you should do this for every layer. I'm yet to master female moulds for a perfect surface finnish but I can create a reasonable surface using a hair dryer to coax out any trapped air in the resin as it dries and then careful sanding if I can be bothered, considering It's going in a box to be destroyed it's not so important :lol:
Thanks alot Josh. Great info. :)
knightrous

Post by knightrous »

josh wrote:Does anybody have access to a 3D CAD program that can export to .stp or .igs? I need to convert one of my drawings and none of my software supports these file types.
Rhino3D and Solidworks 2007-2011 all handle these file formats natively, if your desperate, you could download a trail version of either and use it to convert your files.
Antweights: Scarlet

BotBitz - Antweight, Beetleweight & Featherweight parts at an affordable price.
josh

Post by josh »

Thanks, sorted now, the piece had to be remodelled anyway because Sketchup is useless with circles :roll:
Received a very expensive roll of cloth today... Italy's finest 90gsm single weave carbon fibre cloth :wink:
took a picture just for comparison, the larger weave is a 200gsm 2x2 twill carbon fibre cloth, the threads are much finer in this which means it should be a lot easier to work with in antweights as it can produce tighter radius curves without throwing the weave pattern out of shape. It's also obviously over half the weight of the other cloth.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

Mmm parcels! :D
It did admittedly take me over half an hour to find everything, That's a 2x1x1ft box...

I've been taking it apart and putting it back together for hours... it's more complicated than it looks, there is an ordered method, I'm yet to remember it :roll:
I also got the aluminium pieces that Andrew machined for me, some barbed ports, all my hobbyking stuff for the flea and something else although I can't remember what it was right now.
I decided to print a mock up of the pneumatic parts so I can start moulding the carbon fibre. It is definitely antweight, 10.4mm id tanks 12mm od. Loads more I was going to say but alas I can't remember any of it.
Once the rest of the pneumatic system has been cut I will put it together properly.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

That looks incredible!
Cant wait to see it in action. :)
josh

Post by josh »

Thanks Jim. I'm just wondering if anybody runs a spektrum receiver without the ariel? I may have just broken it off... I can solder it back on but Is it necessary for the 2 or 3 meter range I need?
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I cut mine off, so yea they work fine
josh

Post by josh »

In that case it's all looking good, all components in it weighs 111g which leaves room for the aluminium parts and whatever else.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Wow, fair play josh, that looks fantastic!It's so well designed with so many great little details. One question though, will the tanks take a high enough PSI? Isn't 'strong, white & flexible' porous?