Devo 7e

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Kustom

Devo 7e

Post by Kustom »

Hi all,

I've bought a Devo 7e and was walking through the guide here:

https://nutsandbots.co.uk/devo7e/

But for some reason I cannot find the DFU USB Tool. When I try to follow the path ‘DFU USB Tool > Walkera > Our Google Drive’
It doesn't exist.

Can any one offer any help?

Thanks
LimaHotel

Re: Devo 7e

Post by LimaHotel »

I'm getting the same thing... that's weird.

I might still have the files kicking around somewhere on my machine. I'll have a look, and if I do I'll stick them on my own google drive and link you to them?
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Looks like the Deviation Uploader-0.9.0 on this page is what you want: https://www.deviationtx.com/downloads-n ... u-usb-tool

Seems to be an updated tool for flashing transmitters. Looks like this is the likely death of the guide though, my own Devo 7e died long ago and I'm not buying one just to update the page. :P
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Kustom

Post by Kustom »

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, firstly incase anyone is looking for the same info this process will not work on Windows 10. (just wasted a good two hours trying)

But with windows 7 the process is as follows (lifted from the Deviation forum)

The file, "Deviation Uploader-0.9.0.jar" is a Java program or application or "app" in today's parlance. As such, you don't install it. It simply resides on your hard drive somewhere of your choice. Put it on the desktop or in a folder somewhere where you can find it in the future. In order to use this Java app, you need to have the Java Runtime Environment installed on your computer. You can get that from Oracle, the developer of Java:
java.com/en/download/
Download to your computer and install it. Then follow these steps:
- Connect your Devo directly to your PC using the USB cable. Do not use a USB hub.
- Double-click the icon for the Java application, "Deviation Uploader-0.9.0.jar" to run it.
- On the Devo, hold down the Ext button and turn on the Tx.
- In a few moments, your Devo should show up as the Transmitter at the top in the installer window
- The "Install/Upgrade" tab should be active
- Click the "..." button on the Firmware line.
- Browse to the location of the Zip file for the Walkera firmware .zip file you downloaded and click on "Open".
- Check the box for "Format" if it is not ghosted.
- Click the "Install/Upgrade" button
- Agree to format the drive if prompted.
- Wait till the installer finishes.
This procedure should overwrite anything you've done previously and put things right.

Ive done it and it seems to have worked, will have a go at pairing it later.
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

Interesting that there are issues with Win10. I use linux (Mint Sylvia), and didn't run into any problems that couldn't be fixed by a simple google.

Glad you got it sorted!
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

LimaHotel wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:38 am Interesting that there are issues with Win10. I use linux (Mint Sylvia), and didn't run into any problems that couldn't be fixed by a simple google.

Glad you got it sorted!
Maybe not. I'm pretty sure that it's a thing. I root my Samsung phones and that process is starting to fail with the newer models on windows 10 computers (you have to use an old windows 7 computer).