MichaelG92's Build Diaries

All things antweight

Moderators: administrator, BeligerAnt, petec

MichaelG92

Re: MichaelG92's Build Diaries

Post by MichaelG92 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:20 pm

Only just had time to type this up after Sheffield, but Saturday was my first AWS and I thought I did quite well! After burning out ArmamAnt!'s ESC whilst putting it together I only entered MicroNewton, who did surprisingly well in her first event! After two quick wins against Percussive Maintenance 2 and Tyrant, and then being gifted a win after Torquelift drove into the pit I was suddenly 3-0 and into the quarter finals of the winners bracket thanks to the small field size! Sadly my run ended there when I was beaten by eventual champions Yetus and Treatus, haha yeah man Chad, and then I was thrown out of the arena in my next fight against George's Valkyrie, which I had been dreading fighting all day. But I'm pleased that the armour stood up well to Valkyrie, and I'm really chuffed to finish in the top 12 in my first AWS.

After a bit of thought, I've decided to drop out of the Antweight Open in two weeks to give me more time to finish ArmamAnt! and take part in AWS60 instead. But the immediate future is to get my parts ready for Bristol Bot Builders' next Bodgebots event on 3rd Nov.
Michael - Team MG Robotics

Fledgling Surrey based roboteering team

Antweights:

MicroNewton - flipper
ArmamAnt! - pusher (under construction)
GFB - flipper (under construction)
Fight or Flight - flipper (under construction)

MichaelG92

Post by MichaelG92 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:23 pm

MicroNewton got a quick run out at Bristol Bot Builders' event last Sunday, taking part in the 2v2s with Dave Weston's Stewie. And we did very well, finishing third. Sadly I suffered the same electrical fault in the two fights we lost that lead to MicroNewton stopping dead in its tracks both times. I've since cleaned out the switch, hopefully that'll stop a repeat in future. As for the Bodgebots event, my robot lost 2 out of 2 fights so not the best tournament for me. But I already have a good idea for the next one in April...

ArmamAnt!'s electronics have now been sorted, thanks to Dave who kindly did the soldering in Bristol after my previous attempt resulted in a burnt out speed controller, which has now been replaced. I now just need to put it all together, which I'll do when the screws I've ordered arrive. ArmamAnt! should finally be ready for AWS60.

My next build will be on two similar looking flippers which I CADed up in only a couple of weeks. The white and blue one will be called Fight or Flight, whilst the yellow and red one (actually now only red as the 3d printers I used don't offer yellow) will be called GFB (Generic Flipper Bot). I'm only building GFB to give me something to practice against at home, so it probably won't be used at competitions but never say never.

I've got a couple of weeks to build them both over Christmas, so both should be ready to fight in 2020. AWS60 will be my last event of 2019.

Antweights:

MicroNewton - flipper

MichaelG92

Post by MichaelG92 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:16 pm

After two months in development hell, due to issues such as a burnt out speed controller, waiting for the correct type of screws to arrive and actually having time to work on it, I'm delighted to say that ArmamAnt! has finally been assembled and is up and running.

All that remains is to wait for the stickers to arrive to liven up the admittedly dull exterior. Here's a video of it up and running:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B497lsJHKN6 ... 3yzwo4lu70

Antweights:

MicroNewton - flipper

Kyro

Post by Kyro » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:48 pm

looks good... nice clean looking bot...

sometimes the "dull" look works best i think...
Team Rocket Robotics
Esper(4wd flipper)
Mantis (4wd grab 'n' lift)
Dominus (4wd SPINNAAAAAH)
Maverick (2wd flipper cluster)
Remembering Rex (antweight cassius)

life is like toilet paper, either you're on a roll, or taking sh*t from some ars*hole...