Ant Attempt 2 - 'Tough Justice'

All things antweight

Moderators: petec, administrator, BeligerAnt

Rocketeer13

Ant Attempt 2 - 'Tough Justice'

Post by Rocketeer13 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:42 pm

Hello again everyone!

So sadly I ultimately gave up on my first attempt to build a bot, Kosmos, mostly due to servo and design issues. I'll definitely return to the concept at some point! So, while working around revision, I've been planning my next build, and trying to work around all the issues I had before. This mostly means being motor driven, and screwed together, rather than hot glued - both servos and glue caused me no end of frustration!

The result is, in essence, Foxic 1, (4 bar lifter and 4 wheel drive) though I was unaware of that bot when I first came up with the design! I'll be reusing my Hobbyking T6A Tx and Rx, 4.8V 120mAh Nimh battery pack, and my Kingmax servo, as well as purchasing a Dasmikro (I don't think a nanotwo will be compatible with my Tx), and 4 N20 gearmotors. Then I'll vary the thickness of the polycarb based on what weight I've got left.

Here's a preliminary paint sketch of the bot design and weapon system, based on my plans so far. Once I have the components, I'll make a more detailed plan, with measurements etc, to get it as compact as possible, but I thought I'd post my initial ideas here first to get some thoughts/advice/feedback. I'm hoping to start properly in July, once I'm free from College, and try and be finished by AWS 56, whenever that gets scheduled for.
Tough Justice Blank.png
Tough Justice - yes, that name was partially inspired by a Scrapheap Challenge team!
Tough Justice Blank.png (12.94 KiB) Viewed 157 times
Robots:
Kosmos - Front hinged flipper (Temporarily Shelved)
Tough Justice - Four Bar Lifter (Under Construction)

DieGracefullyRobotics

Re: Ant Attempt 2 - 'Tough Justice'

Post by DieGracefullyRobotics » Mon May 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Woof Justice, per chance? Ha.

AWS56 is already scheduled for October 13th to give you the exact time to work to.

Good luck with it.
Dave
Die Gracefully Robotics - Barely Even a Proper Team.

Rocketeer13

Post by Rocketeer13 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 pm

DieGracefullyRobotics wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:13 pm
Woof Justice, per chance? Ha.
AWS56 is already scheduled for October 13th to give you the exact time to work to.
Good luck with it.
Thanks Dave! Haha! Correct! I do miss that show.
Ah, thanks for that. I aim to be done well before then! I've just ordered my Dasmikro. Hopefully any overheating problems from the previous batch have been solved now. I'll post another update once I've got the parts and assembled a CAD or cardboard model. Then it'll be a bit easier to see what's what. Hopefully, I'll see you in October!
Robots:
Kosmos - Front hinged flipper (Temporarily Shelved)
Tough Justice - Four Bar Lifter (Under Construction)

Zanbots

Post by Zanbots » Wed May 16, 2018 9:08 am

Awesome. My robot 24601. Is a 4 bar lifter.
I went 2wd as my bad choice of components didn't size up well.

I belive the standard rx from hobbyking is a bit big. The 4CH FS2A from banggood is cheap lightweight and tiny. 24601 has way more space inside now. It works with AFHDS. I believe that's hobbyking stuff too.
Jeremy Hall
Ants;
Oh, Baby!