Fishy Electronics - DisinfectANT , Cilit BANG

All things antweight

Moderators: petec, administrator, BeligerAnt

EddieJ

Re: Fishy Electronics - DisinfectANT , Cilit BANG

Post by EddieJ » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:55 pm

Cilit BANG 90% there with design, just some more work on the chassis to hold all the components (with room for [most] wires this time!)
Offset composite weapon bar looks very unbalanced, but it will be fiiiine :P

Had to reduce to 4 legs to save weight and space... 0 pushing power on this thing. Plus going to be fragile, mostly held together with m2 threaded steel rods! The wobble factor is worrying me too... especially if the weapon bar flexes to the side and catches its own frame... going to apex big time! It may turn out it is completely undriveable or flips over when moving. In which case ill just take the bar and stick it on a horizontal spinner or something
Basically.. It's not competitive at all, just the most complex crazy swarf i could come up with.

Got to practice my best Barry Scott impression ..."BANG and the bot is gone!" (opponents or mine.. either is good) :lol:

In other news, DisinfectANT is rebuilt with thanks to a nanotwo which i finally got time to install.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs0ngbXHNTM/
New front shield as the old one was torn up. Will redo the chassis later to accommodate all the electronics better so less is hanging out the arse! Plus have to make a new drum as this one is unbalanced a little, after the loss of the teeth. Sheared screws... M2.5 high tensile steel next time.
Have some grams spare on him... so toying with either adding a self righter or a bigger drum :P
But for now, at least i can practice driving and tweak TX settings.
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight)

LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:59 am

That thing just looks SILLY, and in the most beautiful way! I just really, REALLY hope it isn't going to Drizzle itself. I'm also slightly worried that the wobble from the walker mechanism (if there is any) combined with the gyro effect of a bar - especially one that high off the ground - is gonna make it undriveable?
OH ME OF LITTLE FAITH
I cannot wait to see this work. It'll be beautiful! And utterly silly. With a side dish of terrifying. :D

GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:39 pm

That looks fantastically mad, I love it. Are you coming along to the AWS in a couple of weeks? It'd be good to see them in action.
Team Zero
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Vampire - horizontal spinner - - RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker

T_Y

Post by T_Y » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:17 pm

That bar is insane! How heavy is it going to be?
Thomas
Antweights:
Hello, World! - front hinged flipper (retired)
Percussive Maintenance 2 - ''axe'bot (designing)
Have You Tried Turning It Off and On Again? - 4-bar lifter
It's Not a Bug, It's a Feature! - front hinged flipper (building)

EddieJ

Post by EddieJ » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:46 pm

LimaHotel wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:59 am
That thing just looks SILLY, and in the most beautiful way! I just really, REALLY hope it isn't going to Drizzle itself. I'm also slightly worried that the wobble from the walker mechanism (if there is any) combined with the gyro effect of a bar - especially one that high off the ground - is gonna make it undriveable?
OH ME OF LITTLE FAITH
I cannot wait to see this work. It'll be beautiful! And utterly silly. With a side dish of terrifying. :D
Hah yea i share your concerns!
There will be no wobble from the walker mechanism though :D 4 points always in contact with the floor at all times of the cycle (front, back and 2 of the legs)
But highly likely it wont be able to turn without programming the bar to decelerate at the same time xD
The drizzle self KO is going to be highly likely! :roll: like 3mm of frame clearance on each side of the bar!
GeorgeR wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:39 pm
That looks fantastically mad, I love it. Are you coming along to the AWS in a couple of weeks? It'd be good to see them in action.
Will make a more sensible brick of a drum spinner next, i promise :P Nah i dont get much free time lately, would love to come to AWS but i think I'll end up being more ready for it next year and other local events later this year :)
T_Y wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:17 pm
That bar is insane! How heavy is it going to be?
40g of spinney goodness :D
Which is likely to explode itself as much as it is the opponent xD
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight)