T_Y's Build Log

All things antweight

Moderators: administrator, BeligerAnt, petec

T_Y

Re: T_Y's Build Log

Post by T_Y » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:49 pm

I think for AWS 60 I'll just use two Arduinos, one for each DRV8833. This will let me re-use my existing code to PWM in both directions to some degree, so I can focus on getting the mechanum wheel design to work.

I've assembled the wheels and printed the chassis off. Temporarily fixing the components in place with blu-tack, I can fit everything inside, with enough room for wiring once compressed down a bit.

At the minute, the bot weighs 119.5g, so I should be able to get the 0.5mm Ti wedge (the current one is just card), wiring and lid in that.

I've also made a 0.5mm polycarb 'scoop', which has a bit of acetate on the front, as the Ti wedge is too long to have acetate on the end and still fit inside the cube. This will be used against bots where a lower ground clearance is needed.

Thomas

Ants:
Percussive Maintenance 2: Tech Support Boogaloo
Have You Tried Turning It Off and On Again?
It's Not a Bug, It's a Feature!
Working As Intended
Error 404 - Robot Name Not Found

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:29 am

I am suitably impressed. Does it drive?

Did you code in mixing so you can have one stick to turn and one to do forward / back / sideways?
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands

T_Y

Post by T_Y » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:48 pm

I haven't had the chance to wire it all up yet. I should have time to do that this weekend.

I'm planning on having translation on the right stick (ELE for forwards/backwards, AIL for left/right) and use RUD for turning. I've worked out how the wheels should turn with either left stick or right stick input, but not how they should turn with both translation and rotation inputs at the same time.
Thomas

Ants:
Working As Intended

Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:50 am

Hi Thomas.

I really like seeing a mecanum wheels on an antweight :) . I did build one many years ago called strafen.

Watch how the wheels move at the start of the video to go sideways. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk6nfKTvEZI

It's effectively 3 channel mixing giving 4 independent outputs, one to each wheel and 4 separate h bridges.

Will it be at AWS60?
TEAM GEEK!

T_Y

Post by T_Y » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:58 am

Will it be at AWS60?
That's the plan! (Assuming I get it all ready in time :))
Thomas

Ants:
Working As Intended