GeorgeR's robots

All things antweight

Moderators: petec, administrator, BeligerAnt

T_Y

Re: GeorgeR's robots

Post by T_Y » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:19 pm

I am really liking the look of that front wedge!
Thomas
Hello, World! - Antweight Front-hinged flipper
Percussive Maintenance - Antweight 'axe'bot (rebuilding)
Have You Tried Turning It Off and On Again? - Antweight 4-bar lifter (designing)

GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 am

T_Y wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:19 pm
I am really liking the look of that front wedge!
Cheers, I'm really pleased with how it turned out, even when it's this thin grade 5 titanium is a real pain to work with.
Team Zero
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Orion - horizontal spinner walker (coming soon)

GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Team Zero, ready for AWS 56!

Look closely and you'll see a few changes on Valkyrie, all designed to beef up the front/weapon mount area. With the upgrades to Valkyrie and Axiom, and old reliable Zero, this should be a fairly competitive team, bring on Saturday!
Team Zero
Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Orion - horizontal spinner walker (coming soon)

haz

Post by haz » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:49 am

Looking good! which one has to sit out, or do you have a second driver?

GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:01 am

Cheers, Vampire (overhead bar spinner) is sitting this one out, I haven't got around to fitting the new weapon esc yet (the current one has some bits missing) so it'll be on rumble duty only.
Team Zero

Derek Dudge

Post by Derek Dudge » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Looking good as always. I'd missed your post about Axiom getting a new front end. Looks cool AF.

Sad I can't come to see them tomorrow. I still want to fight against Valkyrie one day. Maybe ant freeze 6 if you are planning on going.
My robots:

Third Law (antweight) - push/ram bot
Manticore (antweight) - hammer bot

GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:43 pm

AWS 56 provided a rather different set of results compared to last time, with my worst set of results since I started roboteering!

Zero went out without a win, with neither fight being particularly memorable. Axiom started well with a hard fought and entertaining win over Dark Matter 5, its new wedge proving very robust, but lost its next 2 to go out. It did win the BBB rumble though.

I had high hopes for the upgraded Valkyrie after its 4th place last time, and if you wanted to put a positive spin on it you could say it won 100% of its fights. Unfortunately it only had one; just before the 2nd fight the NanoTwo relinquished its magic smoke and declined to operate any further. :cry:

I still had a great time though, and will be back stronger next time.
Team Zero

TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:05 am

GeorgeR wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:43 pm
AWS 56 provided a rather different set of results compared to last time, with my worst set of results since I started roboteering!

Zero went out without a win, with neither fight being particularly memorable. Axiom started well with a hard fought and entertaining win over Dark Matter 5, its new wedge proving very robust, but lost its next 2 to go out. It did win the BBB rumble though.

I had high hopes for the upgraded Valkyrie after its 4th place last time, and if you wanted to put a positive spin on it you could say it won 100% of its fights. Unfortunately it only had one; just before the 2nd fight the NanoTwo relinquished its magic smoke and declined to operate any further. :cry:

I still had a great time though, and will be back stronger next time.
Damn that really sucks..
Daaa
Manta ray (2WD wedge bot)
Poptart tories (Cluster bot)
Nom (dustpan)
RKoh... (Undercutter)
Uh oh (rammer)
Krave-lit (Dustpan)