Peter Wallers Robot Ramblings

All things antweight

Moderators: administrator, BeligerAnt, petec

Post Reply
User avatar
peterwaller
Posts: 3699
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Aylesbury Bucks
Contact:

Re: Peter Wallers Robot Ramblings

Post by peterwaller » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:38 am

I fitted the new controller in my old Flippant which had died.
It ran faster than on the old controller and actually ended up being my most successful entry in AWS58.
Very pleased with how it ran.

User avatar
MarkR
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:46 pm
Location: Reading Hackspace
Contact:

Re: Peter Wallers Robot Ramblings

Post by MarkR » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:24 pm

Good stuff Peter, so we rate the rz7899 as "combat ready" ?

I also ran Stacie with the rz7899-based Malenki-ESC, and it ran nicely, it did a lot more heavy duty work in the kids' arena :) , and was still working at the end.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands

User avatar
peterwaller
Posts: 3699
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Aylesbury Bucks
Contact:

Re: Peter Wallers Robot Ramblings

Post by peterwaller » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:48 am

My drum spinner Anticyclone has terrible gyro effects when turning due to the large mass and speed of the drum. I have redesigned it with a much lighter 3D printed drum which has 3 double ended Titanium blades with an indirect geared down belt drive. The robot is also my first try at printing in Carbon X a carbon fibre filled nylon material.
Image
Below is a video of it turning with the drum on full throttle on a 3 cell battery.
https://youtu.be/JixlPH39ElA

User avatar
Wigs
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:46 am

Re: Peter Wallers Robot Ramblings

Post by Wigs » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:46 am

Love it
Adam

Team Optimism
Not the face
Armoured "thing"
Hopper

User avatar
peterwaller
Posts: 3699
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Aylesbury Bucks
Contact:

Re: Peter Wallers Robot Ramblings

Post by peterwaller » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:28 pm

Just been doing a couple of repairs from Roboshowdown both of which can be partially blamed on poor maintenance.
The weapon motor in Anticyclone was the one that came out of Combatant with a broken shaft. As a quick repair I replaced the 2mm steel shaft with a carbon fibre one which I was going to replace but forgot. This broke and the resulting current seems to have overloaded the on/off switch. I have now fitted a steel shaft and just need to replace the switch.
Flippant had sustained damage to the self righting tynes at the AWS when I picked up a drum spinner but I thought they would be OK.
One was quickly taken off in an early bout and then tacked back on with superglue and sellotape but Morning Dew soon detached that again and half of the next one. They were printed in Polycarbonate which showed signs of delaminating so I have reprinted them in Carbon X.
Unfortunately this was slightly heavier than before so I have had to thin the armour somewhat and reprint it so I have done that also in carbon X and it has come in at 143 gms.

Post Reply