Eddie J - DisinfectANT, Kinnettic Disassembly, Cilit BANG

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

EddieJ

Re: DisinfectANT - Antweight First Build Log

Post by EddieJ »

Little size mod on the motors. Now im going to have to put them in the ultrasonic cleaner to get rid of the metal dust in the gears :roll:

0.7mm removed from the top side

And Nylon frame is surprisingly tough for something so thin. So that's all main frame parts done now. Time to get putting everything together!

You shall soon ride eternal, shiny and chrome! Where did i put that can of brasso ... :lol:
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight), Kinetic Disassembly (WIP Antweight)
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

25g of downward force from the tail, drive wheels acting as a fulcrum = should push the front plate down against the floor, at the loss of a little traction (well, it's not a pusher to start with)
Hopefully with some acetate being pushed against the floor with that effective extra weight, it's going to get under most opponents. Because.. well, there is no shriemech :roll:

The amount of parts i had to modify with the CNC or reprint this week has been silly. Turns out this needs bigger tolerances than model making. Going to be tight to get it ready for next saturday :-?
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight), Kinetic Disassembly (WIP Antweight)
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

We came back from the Dorset Robot Championship on saturday. Was a great event, loved seeing all the other designs and a massive thanks to everyone who helped me with a receiver issue :D
Inspired to keep building, and will be making some improvements to DisinfectANT in the next few weeks.
Here it is all completed
and here he is after 3 rounds of 4 way spinner fights :S and a run in with Shakey's Sharpie marker control bot - where it grappled lots then the sharpie exploded against the drum and created even more blue mess. :D

Really pleased the judges like the design and deemed him original 8) Was much fun and I hope to meet lots of you again at another event in the future
Here it is driving around and testing the drum on low speed.
https://twitter.com/K4d3sh/status/1066222637444153344

And i had a spare hour today to start roughing out the next one (everyone else has 4 bots, I need more BOTS! :P)
Grippy overkill tyres, wedgy front. Named Cilit BANG (thanks Nick for the idea :lol: ) no prizes for guessing the weapon :wink:
Bots:
Shakey

Re: Fishy Electronics - DisinfectANT , Cilit BANG

Post by Shakey »

Just to say your robot was awesome at the event and I'm really hoping you keep making more, especially with your shiny style! Probably one of the best first robots I've ever seen too. In a small world twist my brain finally clicked and I rifled through a box to find a model sporting some parts from yourself from ~6 years ago- still unfinished of course!
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

Thanks Shakey :D Really great fun these events, will certainly be back with some more shiny creations for you to draw on :P

Making some improvements to DisinfectANT now. So there is no more of this problem with the tyres...

Redesigned the tyres now. The silicone now locks onto the hubs after it is cast. Shore 30 too, so i think now impossible to tear the rubber off.

The DasMikro was unrepariable, the pad had ripped off. So ordered a new one of those and a better reciever for him. And he is good to go back in the box.

May have enough spare weight for a self righter too, but that's going to be a redesign of the chassis so it protects the exposed wires at the back a little better too.

Awesome you have some of our bits from 6 years ago xD That was when I was just starting out running things in a spare room :P good ol' days!

Having fun with Cilit Bang. It's going to be a walker, mechanism is sorted.
http://recordit.co/ubd3aTJuvt

EDIT: Now mostly roughed out aside from nylon SLS frame to hold all the parts together. Let the madness begin
https://tinyurl.com/ycwbvj6z
Bots:
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

Cilit BANG 90% there with design, just some more work on the chassis to hold all the components (with room for [most] wires this time!)
Offset composite weapon bar looks very unbalanced, but it will be fiiiine :P

Had to reduce to 4 legs to save weight and space... 0 pushing power on this thing. Plus going to be fragile, mostly held together with m2 threaded steel rods! The wobble factor is worrying me too... especially if the weapon bar flexes to the side and catches its own frame... going to apex big time! It may turn out it is completely undriveable or flips over when moving. In which case ill just take the bar and stick it on a horizontal spinner or something
Basically.. It's not competitive at all, just the most complex crazy swarf i could come up with.

Got to practice my best Barry Scott impression ..."BANG and the bot is gone!" (opponents or mine.. either is good) :lol:

In other news, DisinfectANT is rebuilt with thanks to a nanotwo which i finally got time to install.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs0ngbXHNTM/
New front shield as the old one was torn up. Will redo the chassis later to accommodate all the electronics better so less is hanging out the arse! Plus have to make a new drum as this one is unbalanced a little, after the loss of the teeth. Sheared screws... M2.5 high tensile steel next time.
Have some grams spare on him... so toying with either adding a self righter or a bigger drum :P
But for now, at least i can practice driving and tweak TX settings.
Bots:
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

That thing just looks SILLY, and in the most beautiful way! I just really, REALLY hope it isn't going to Drizzle itself. I'm also slightly worried that the wobble from the walker mechanism (if there is any) combined with the gyro effect of a bar - especially one that high off the ground - is gonna make it undriveable?
OH ME OF LITTLE FAITH
I cannot wait to see this work. It'll be beautiful! And utterly silly. With a side dish of terrifying. :D
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

That looks fantastically mad, I love it. Are you coming along to the AWS in a couple of weeks? It'd be good to see them in action.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
T_Y

Post by T_Y »

That bar is insane! How heavy is it going to be?
Thomas - Approximation Robotics AKA "the one that does the mechanums"

Ants:
PLA-ST Is a Perfectly Legitimate Choice of Material
Percussive Maintenance 4: A New Spinner
Stack Overflow

Beetles:
Déjà Vu/Two
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

LimaHotel wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:59 am That thing just looks SILLY, and in the most beautiful way! I just really, REALLY hope it isn't going to Drizzle itself. I'm also slightly worried that the wobble from the walker mechanism (if there is any) combined with the gyro effect of a bar - especially one that high off the ground - is gonna make it undriveable?
OH ME OF LITTLE FAITH
I cannot wait to see this work. It'll be beautiful! And utterly silly. With a side dish of terrifying. :D
Hah yea i share your concerns!
There will be no wobble from the walker mechanism though :D 4 points always in contact with the floor at all times of the cycle (front, back and 2 of the legs)
But highly likely it wont be able to turn without programming the bar to decelerate at the same time xD
The drizzle self KO is going to be highly likely! :roll: like 3mm of frame clearance on each side of the bar!
GeorgeR wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:39 pm That looks fantastically mad, I love it. Are you coming along to the AWS in a couple of weeks? It'd be good to see them in action.
Will make a more sensible brick of a drum spinner next, i promise :P Nah i dont get much free time lately, would love to come to AWS but i think I'll end up being more ready for it next year and other local events later this year :)
T_Y wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:17 pm That bar is insane! How heavy is it going to be?
40g of spinney goodness :D
Which is likely to explode itself as much as it is the opponent xD

EDIT: Did some calculations and the weapon tip speed would have been 437mph (considering estimated 25% power loss to friction and air resistance) :lol: ... im toning that back below the 300mph range else it really will just make the bot fly away!
Bots: