Is this right?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

tomboys

Is this right?

Post by tomboys »

I connected up my DasMikro ESC last night and although the receiver lights up and the servo responds to the transmitter, neither motor moves.

Although I have only connected one signal wire (I fried one connection and probably need a new ESC), am I right in that at least one motor should still be moving? I will try swapping the motors tonight as one is very stiff and could be faulty.

https://imgur.com/P0ETWev
Tom Boys (Team Tomb)
Up the Antie - Flipper
Push Comes to Shove - Shovebot
Vertigo - Vertical spinner
Bar Bar Black Sheep - Bristlebot (planned)
EddieJ

Re: Is this right?

Post by EddieJ »

Looks fine to me. Im also using the Dasmikro.

How did you fry it?
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight), Kinetic Disassembly (WIP Antweight)
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

When I was using a Dasmikro with my Raspberry Pi, I discovered that both signal wires (left & right, or drive and steer) need to be sending pulses, otherwise the Dasmikro won't turn either motor.

So I think you need both signal wires connected, even if you're only using one motor and the "no mixing" model. If you only want to control one motor, I think it's probably ok to connect both signal wires to the same input.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
tomboys

Post by tomboys »

OK, that's alright then (it's not my wiring). I fried it with the soldering iron accidentally, so I need a new board either way. I knew one motor wouldn't work, I just wasn't sure if the fact neither motor worked was due to me not wiring it right!
Tom Boys (Team Tomb)
Up the Antie - Flipper
Push Comes to Shove - Shovebot
Vertigo - Vertical spinner
Bar Bar Black Sheep - Bristlebot (planned)