DasMikro 2S6A - latest batch dodgy?

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

MySolderIsOlder

DasMikro 2S6A - latest batch dodgy?

Post by MySolderIsOlder »

Just wondering if anyone else has received one of the current batch of DasMikro 2S6A ESCs - specifically the ones with a neatly printed brown cardboard tab stapled across the top of the bag?

The reason I ask is that I ordered four recently and they all seem to be duds. Was initially excited to see the new packaging, thinking that might also mean improved quality control, but would appear that ain't the case.
So far I've patiently wired up three of the four and not one of them is working - in each case they are supplying the correct 5v to the rx over the BEC but there's no power going to the motors. I've tested using the same motors and receiver that I've used on older DasMikro boards, where they work fine - but no juice. In each case, measuring across the motor pads with a multimeter it seems to be delivering in the low tens of mV, regardless of the stick position.

Just to mention, I have four older DasMikro boards from previous orders, all of which are working fine. My new ones are wired up in exactly the same way (albeit with slightly neater solder, now that I'm getting the hang of it) so I'm pretty confident that isn't the issue.

So has anyone else tried the new, cardboard-tab packaged 2S6A's yet? It may be I was just unlucky - but if you have bought one I suggest you hang on to all the BangGood packaging until you've completed testing.
Stuart (Tony's dad)
Paulmchurd

Re: DasMikro 2S6A - latest batch dodgy?

Post by Paulmchurd »

The one I bought Has worked fine. I bought it before the reports of them blowing up. Since I’ve avoided buying them.
I ordered this

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/sdCep9e
Over 1 month ago now. Taking ages... hopefully it will be a direct replacement for the dasmikro. Similar board size but can take more voltage and current.
MySolderIsOlder

Post by MySolderIsOlder »

Funnily enough Paul, that "2/3S 5A Dual-Way Brushed ESC " is what I've now switched to as well, having completely given up on BangGood. I bought one from 'The Atom Club' a little while ago - and have just bought a few more from their closing down sale (so sorry to hear that venture didn't work out). In the sale they were not much more than Chinese prices but arrived within a week (there was one left, last time I checked).
Unfortunately it is about twice the size of the DasMikro board (36x26 instead of 23x19 mm) but still smaller than a pair of single channel Bustophedons and much easier to use. Quite long leads so you'll probably want to shorten them but it's a relief being able to just plug in and test straight out of the packet.

Initial impressions of the one I've got are very positive, despite the larger size. All very neatly put together and everything works as it should, though the beeping from the motors on powering up still freaks me out (how do they do that?!) Built in mixing works a treat and seems very responsive to the controls. Haven't tried stress-testing it yet!

Stuart
Stuart (Tony's dad)
Paulmchurd

Post by Paulmchurd »

Awesome, shame it’s that much bigger. I reckon you could desolder the capacitor as it’s only there for heat absorbing I think from voltage spikes. Not sure how much smaller it would make it though. Looking forward to it..