The smart ant's and flea's

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Shakey

Re: The smart ant's and flea's

Post by Shakey »

Count me in as an interested person!
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

The autonomous section would be appropriate I would think, or you can put it in off-topic, regulars will find it if they're interested!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The autonomous robot is still in progress, still designing the robot but will order the bits required soon.
but i've mostly been working on a antweight spinner,heading towards a design similar to a robot i think was called bulkhead?
basically a 3d printed metal horizontal bar. thanks to our new walking mechanism i can make walkers without many drawbacks and all the positives of the extra weight allowance.
Team RobotMad, home of the Smart robots, and very mean pots :)
Chris and Lincoln Barnes
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

i'm sure i'll build that spinner one day......
but for now, hears a tease of what will be SmartAnt 7, possibly to be nicknamed Anti gravity
sa7 tease .jpg
sa7 tease .jpg (36.71 KiB) Viewed 20502 times
Chris and Lincoln Barnes
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

well after aws 53, i have basically no robots left so, here are the plans for a whole new team of robots and a few more for the future.
starting with the spinner that i still haven't gotten around to building after several years of owning the parts to do so. a drum spinner with the new walking mechanism for extra weight. im probably going to cluster this with a nano, that does not walk, this needs clarification in the rules, if one part of a cluster is not a walker but the other part is, what weight is allowed????
i think i may call this odd combination, "Say Ello to ma little friend"
**cad still in progress**
spinner-min.png
spinner-min.png (98.44 KiB) Viewed 20422 times

next comes SmartAnt 3, version 2. addition of a flipper and redesigned from the ground up.
**cad still in progress**
sa3v2-min.png
sa3v2-min.png (141.45 KiB) Viewed 20422 times
now SmartAnt 5, version 2.1, the major parts that broke like the hinge have all been reinforced, other than that no major changes.
**cad complete, waiting to be printed**
sa5v2.1-min.png
sa5v2.1-min.png (165.65 KiB) Viewed 20422 times
Chris and Lincoln Barnes
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

the Smart Fleas, version 4 will be quite similar to version 3. but the other way round, servo behind the walking mechanism to make a better flipper, as we weren't happy with the way the flipper is on the version 3s.
**picture of cad of version 3, i haven't started version 4 yet.**
sf4-min.png
sf4-min.png (116.47 KiB) Viewed 16526 times
and finally, last but not least. the return of......Mean Garden Pot!!
(a very old robot we made that walks by using suction cup feet connected to vacuum pumps and then rotating a foot at a time to 'walk', and it had a spinning garden pot as amour, i say amour as it never caused anyone else damage. last seen at AWS 39 i believe.) below is a very early basic cad of working out the best way to have the mechanism. it will probably still be fairly useless but hopefully just as awesome and funny and may actually cause some damage to someone else this time.
mgp-min.png
mgp-min.png (75.19 KiB) Viewed 16526 times
Chris and Lincoln Barnes
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

That spinner looks good. Regarding the question about cluster weight limits, it's in the rules, but could be a bit clearer.
If only part of a cluster is a walker the weight bonus is applied only to the walking part. The allowed weight of the walker can be calculated by subtracting the weight of the roller from 150g, and multiplying the result by 1.5.

For example,
The roller weighs 30g.
150g - 30g =120g.
120g x 1.5 = 180g, the walker can weigh 180g.

You can also do this backwards, if the weight of the walker is known. Subtract the walker weight from 225g, and divide the result by 1.5.

For example,
Walker weighs 165g
225g - 165g = 60g
60g ÷ 1.5 = 40g, the roller can be 40g.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

piontyfinger.jpg
piontyfinger.jpg (7.84 KiB) Viewed 16335 times
Are you interested in what im currently up to? (probably not but still)
other than ignoring my A levels and building robots instead.
well i'm making autonomous robots! read about it here!
http://www.robotwars101.org/forum/viewt ... =15&t=2662
Chris and Lincoln Barnes
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

so, as auto-bot is currently broken, and i don't currently have the money to fix it. I've designed another new ant-wight in my free time around revision for exams.
SA9 draft.min.png
SA9 draft.min.png (29.64 KiB) Viewed 15903 times
its kinda a cross between SA7(boxy looking walker with a flipper on the front) and SA5 (wheeled wedge flipper). which makes it a walker wedge flipper. as part of my continued attempts to prove walkers are competitive and not the jokes of years gone by. it looks alot like SA5 but now the angle of the flipper to horizontal is only 13 degrees. im still tweaking the layout of the internals to try to reduce this down maybe to 10 degrees. and maybe change the shape of the sides, i don't really like the look of those flat sides at the moment.

i said, another new ant-wight, because as in previous posts theirs the new SA3 V2 and SA8 (spinner) aka, say ello to ma lil fren, that both still need the CAD finishing. SA5 V2.1 is printed but not had its components actually put in it yet. mean garden pot has had a little more CAD work done but not much, but i have a few good ideas for it, mostly to increase its deadly ness and crazy complicated ness. smart flea 4 CAD has still not been started but i don't expect that to take too long as its so simple.

if you remember my smart board pcb, ( if you don't look on page 3 of this forum thread) i said i might sell some, well i wont. but i might make a new different version, after the software is modified to work for the new pcb, would probably be available for sale. would there still be any takers????? or has the market been saturated with NanoTwos? Baring in mind the price would have to reflect is advanced feature set, and price of manufacturing. AKA it will be pretty expensive.

my exams will be over soon, then much more pcb creation and CAD can be done over the summer. so probably many new robots for after the summer.
Chris and Lincoln Barnes
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

really missed out on aws 55, mostly because I've been busy with A levels and my free time was then used on making the AutoBot pcb then AutoBot.
and as all my robots needed some kind of major rebuild after the last aws i went to, 53 i think, i was going to make new robots for the whole team, but yeah had no time so that didn't happen. so now over the summer holidays i can finish AutoBot and make some new robots in time for the next aws.

but i have just spent most of the weekend doing the cad for SA8 and SA9.
SA8 re done from the last time i uploaded a picture and much closer to completion.
SA8 draft-min.png
SA8 draft-min.png (76.63 KiB) Viewed 15824 times
SA9, now down to the target 10 degrees angle, a lot harder than it sounded but good practice at tetris. also changed the shape of the sides.
SA9 draft 10degres-min.png
SA9 draft 10degres-min.png (24.93 KiB) Viewed 15823 times
i find using my walking mechanism makes for a very clean look. looks like the new team may end up as SA5 V2.1, SA3 v2, SA8, SA9. some of these may get new more fun names but for my cad system they all have numbers.

anybody interested in me selling a new version of my circuit board? (the ant-wight one not AutoBot) mentioned in the last post but got no responses.
Attachments
SA9 draft 10degres-min.png
SA9 draft 10degres-min.png (24.93 KiB) Viewed 15824 times
Chris and Lincoln Barnes