Build Diary for a new antweight

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

botomatic1000

Re: Build Diary for a new antweight

Post by botomatic1000 »

It's very nice :) wish I could build something like it.
Ethan Wall KINGS HEATH COLLIDERS
Current Robots: Sprat Bait: The worst 150g Wedge ever built...
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
Barracuda: Beetleweight Vert... hates working...
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

botomatic1000 wrote:It's very nice :) wish I could build something like it.
I bet you can you've just got to stick with it. I spent around £220 over the past couple years trying to get something to work and now I've finally got the motivation to do so. I did some more work tonight I'll update tomorrow. Good luck with AWS 50 everyone.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

More progress has been made on Roc. The claw was made out of many pieces of polycarb Althouhh some of the smaller ones went missing so I was left with something a little less strong in the long run.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (93.96 KiB) Viewed 9134 times
The beak was bolted together and attached to a servo horn although the bolt to attach it into the servo isn't quite the right size so I might have to glue it in or something but I haven't done anything permanent as of yet. I've also added an articulated arm to the back of the claw to attach a srimech on.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (98.72 KiB) Viewed 9134 times
Finally I found it unfortunate that my zip ties aren't long enough to hold a servo down and so I had to get a little creative with some polycarb and bolt one side to the underside of the top panel and the other to the top of the panel.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (95.05 KiB) Viewed 9134 times
I've done a little more since but I'll update once that becomes substantial enough to do so.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Sounds like you've solved the problem of too-short zip ties but for future reference you can "chain" them together. You then get two adjustment points which can be useful. The downside is that you get two lumpy bits that may get in the way a bit...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

I've completed all of Roc that I can until I buy a transmitter and receiver and see what works and what doesn't. I coloured the wings to make them look more aesthetically pleasing, the wings themselves don't really have any use and are just there to make the robot look better, maybe guard the wheels from one or two hits from a spinner.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (123.85 KiB) Viewed 9094 times
Ive also added a piece of cardboard coloured and stylised to the front scoop to be bolted on, agajn for aesthetics more than protection.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (111.11 KiB) Viewed 9094 times
Finally, and most importantly, a cardboard panel has been added to the top plate, but more importantly the feathered tail srimech has been attached to the top panel to hinge it, and the back of the beak to avoid having to add another servo. It is unknown how effective it may be, and I'll have to adjust the claw on the servo to see how far back I should push it to get the tail to right the robot.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (139.87 KiB) Viewed 9094 times
Overall, it looks pretty good, much better than my first attempt which I plan on rebuilding once this project is finished. I can't know for sure how well it will work, but I just hope it ends up looking good and functioning.
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

Me likey,
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

It looks cooler than anything I've made in 18months :p
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Thanks guys, fingers crossed it works when I get the Tx and Rc, and then it'll be competition ready.
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

May I ask how you did the paint and what type of paint it is?
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

botomatic1000 wrote:May I ask how you did the paint and what type of paint it is?
I actually used some Letraset Promarkers, they look great and are pretty versatile, and you can get metallic colours to make everything look shiny haha. I drew it out in pencil first, went over in pen, and then filled in with certain colours. I'm not too great with paint so I tend to use these instead.