AWS 50

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

teamocean

AWS 50

Post by teamocean »

Since we are coming up to the next big one I thought we could do with a thread to decide who is up for hosting it.

As some of you may know I will not be at the University of Reading for much longer so I won't be able to run it there. However I will soon be working at a school in Camberley which isn't too far away and they seem very willing to host the event.

If no one objects I would like to put myself forward to organise the event but I'm happy to let someone else run it instead if they are up for the challenge.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
AntRoboteer

Re: AWS 50

Post by AntRoboteer »

Sounds awesome Will! :D
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I still think the only right and proper way to do it would be in Oliver's living room again :D I'd have no objection to that though, I'm presuming there would be the facilities for streaming and running AntLog 3?
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

This crossed my mind the other day too!
+1 for Oliver's living room, but Helen might complain! :D

I was looking at a venue on the outskirts of Brighton, but if Will can obtain a more central venue that will be easier for people to get to I'm happy with that. I realise I'm at least an hour or two south of most people...

What date(s)?
The "usual" time is late June / early July but is that a bit close to AWS49? We usually try to avoid the school holidays so that people aren't away, but is that an issue for many people? When is the hall available? The one I was looking at is well used and gets booked up quite a long way in advance. Is Sunday an alternative? Halls are often easier to book, but public transport can be an issue. Thoughts?

Throw your opinions in here... shame more people aren't going to AWS49 as we could discuss it there.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
haz

Post by haz »

I have no objections to Brighton and I doubt Mr Blunden will either :P
limpet

Post by limpet »

We`ll go anywhere, just depends on the date but not got much booked at the minute.
There is the Reading Robots Live event on 2 July.
–-----------------------------

For AntFreeze
https://www.facebook.com/AntFreeze/

For my robots etc.
https://www.facebook.com/13Robotics
Ants, Fleas, Beetles, Feathers & Heavies
Knappster

Post by Knappster »

Would be brilliant if it was near Brighton as I'm Worthing based and can't travel too far because of a neck/balance issue. Then I could attend my first ever event :D.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Whoever ends up running it, I'd like to suggest we hand out some "lifetime achievement" awards to those who have been with, and contributed to, the antweight community the most over the years :).
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

We could probably make it to camberly if one was hosted there but I'm going away on the 6th August on Holliday for a week.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)